Fitbie | The Ultimate 10-Minute Warmup

heidie2013
heidie2013 Posts: 59 Member
Fitbie | The Ultimate 10-Minute Warmup

Primed for Power
Just about any auto mechanic will tell you not to stomp on the accelerator right after a cold start in the dead of winter. He knows that a car's engine functions best when its fluids have had enough time to heat up so they can circulate efficiently. It's a shame that so few men apply this logic to the ultimate machines: their bodies.

We know all the reasons guys use to avoid warming up before a workout: "It's boring." (If this has been your experience, then you're probably doing it wrong.) "I don't have enough time." (Actually, you do.) "All I need is a couple of warmup sets and I'm ready to lift." (Not really.)

A decent warmup will improve your range of motion in the joints that need to move. It also enhances the stability of those that don't, reducing your risk of injury. A good warmup jumpstarts your central nervous system, priming your muscles to play sports and to handle more weight so you can accomplish more in less time. And a great warmup—like this routine—can do all that in just 10 minutes. (Plus: Which moves do fitness experts hate? Read 5 Exercises That Make Trainers Cringe.)

http://fitbie.msn.com/workout/dynamic-warmup-men?ocid=nlxlw