Stupid question...

Options
dixoncrew
dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
So, when you log the weight you used for the exercises that require dumbbells vs. the barbell do you put the total weight or just the weight of one dumbbell? I know, stupid question.

Replies

• collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I put the total weight.. Like if i use my 8lbrs, i put 16lbs..
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I always do individual vs. cumulative for dumbells. It really doesn't matter, just two ways of writing the same thing. Just be consistent.
  • lazyjane75
    lazyjane75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Generally, I put the total weight, unless I'm doing something with my arms. So for step ups, total weight. But for dumbell chest press, cuban prone snatch, YTWLs, etc., dumbell weight. But it doesn't really matter, as long as you are consistent. I personally am not always consistent, so my log is pretty specific about things like that. I keep a handwritten log and mine has all kind of scribbles in the margins about various idiosyncracies for different sets.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I put total weight for the lunges and individual for the shoulder presses.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters, as long as it makes sense to you.

For barbells, I use total weight including the bar.

For dumbbells, I always write the dumbbell weight and then x2 if I used two.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters, as long as it makes sense to you.

For barbells, I use total weight including the bar.

For dumbbells, I always write the dumbbell weight and then x2 if I used two.

this exactly for me too. and I say use whatever works for you so you know what you mean. :)