Beginner

Options
lizamichelle1
lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
I am a beginner in this. I've watched a few videos on youtube and am very impresses. When I was a kid, we had playgrounds like that to use. Everything now is made of plastic and uber-safe.

I do the basic stuff: sit ups, push up, burpees (w/o the push up since i suck at them lol), running, walking. I do have a few free weights. Lunges and squats are hard on my knees so I need alternates.

Replies

• ansaguy
    ansaguy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. I'm a beginner too - started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I started the same way. I stumbled across the workouts on youtube and was surprised by the results of mainly or strictly bodyweight training. I've been enjoying training a lot more this time around that's for sure. We have a nearby playground that has a metal structure but it's not like it used to be that's for sure. At least I can do some exercises on it while my daughter plays.
  • JoaoLantyer
    JoaoLantyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I am a beginner in this. I'm using the site http://www.madbarz.com/all-routines to train.
  • Madmadz77
    Madmadz77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the madbarz website. I am a newbie and looks cool.
  • ansaguy
    Options
    Thanks for the site. They have a nice collection of routines.
  • LeonitusCharm
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm also beginner. I've been interested in the bar-style training for years, but I'm just now implementing it into my exercise routine. Also, thanks for the link.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's good to see there are other people here doing this. I have stopped going to the gym and work out at home with compound muscle group body weight exercises (mostly from you are your own gym) and a pull up bar. I also try to incorporate things outside like playgrounds, benches, walls, trees... I recently took a MovNat course and it was great for learning how to see your environment in a different way and use what is around you to have fun and exercise. Thanks for the link, looks interesting!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great; I will check out that site too...
  • lizamichelle1
    lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    madbarz.com is great. Its like crossfit, duh. Gotta do it.
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    is madbarz.com down right now?
  • ansaguy
    Options
    It's working for me this morning.