Almond butter?

Options
Jasmine_James
Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
Hey keto friends --

Would just like your opinion:

I love these Justin's Honey Almond Butter packs. They are really tasty and good amount of fat.

Ingredients: Dry Roasted Almonds, Honey Powder (Sugar, Honey), Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Sea Salt.

Nutritional data per packet: 190 calories, 17 g fat, and 8 g carbs.

Looking at the ingredients above, do you agree it's OK for me to eat these -- so long, of course, that I account for the carbs in my diary and stay around 20g carbs for the day? I guess I'm wondering if I should be worried about the sugar/honey. I know nuts are fine -- just want to make sure no one has had a bad experience with Justin's kicking them out of ketosis.

And sorry if this is a stupid question -- I am still suspicious of anything processed, but at this point in the game it is so nice to have one of these squeeze packs in my purse at all times so I have something I can eat if we're out and about and I can't get a keto-friendly snack somewhere.

(I have also started bringing little stevia packs with me.)

Replies

• Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thinking it over, I don't think there is any reason why this would affect my ketosis. It's a small amount of honey/sugar. And if I'm factoring in the carbs, I should be fine.

So, I guess I answered my own question! Going to leave up in case others have the same question some day.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    What's the fiber content? Subtract that from the total carbs to get "net" carbs. Fiber doesn't count. :)

But still, I probably wouldn't eat those. Cool if you do though. :D