Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I just completed The Couch to 5 K program! The most appropriate and inspirational song came on my playlist for the final 2 minutes of the jog- INXS New Sensation!hegcvytkudcn.jpg

So proud of you! I was just checking this thread today and hoping you were still going strong! Now you can run any time you want to!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Those are such kind words.
    Not gonna lie, I fought tears of happiness! I was thinking to myself keep it together girl, keep it together. Lol
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I just completed The Couch to 5 K program! The most appropriate and inspirational song came on my playlist for the final 2 minutes of the jog- INXS New Sensation!
    @GOT_Obsessed Congratulations Woop Woop. Now come join us in the Monthly Running Challenge group, a new forum each month where you post your goals at the start of the month and track your progress, cheer others and receive cheers. A quick read of Page one will give you a run down on how the group works.

Remember You are a Runner, Not a Jogger. Joggers always find the Bodies in the Movies.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    Thanks! I will check the page out.
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    BecomingMoreAwesome Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just completed The Couch to 5 K program! The most appropriate and inspirational song came on my playlist for the final 2 minutes of the jog- INXS New Sensation!hegcvytkudcn.jpg

Well done!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    just did week 6 day 1. kinda just wanna skip ahead to the end now. I've been pushing my work out to 5 k any way and I think I could do it non stop but I will follow the program. just keep aiming for pb each time.

My goal is not just the 30 mins but I want to scissor do 5km in that 30 mins
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Way to go, @GOT_Obsessed!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    thanks!
  • zorbaru
    Options
    finished week 6 day 2 yesterday. As always I pushed through in to the cooldown with a slow jog rather than a walk but I saw an opportunity to crack 35mins for 5k (i always push my workout to 5km regardless of when the c25k app tells me to stop) so I hammered the last 200m. It just goes to show that even when you think you have nothing left, you can still give more. It is always the mind that will give up before the body. The only time you really see the body give up before the mind is when you see the marathon runners that look drunk near the end. that is the mind wanting to keep going with the body giving up.

here is a lovely picture i took at the end of the run. This was the first time I have actually had to park my butt on a chair for a while before making my way back to the car.

hbjr3yuowmg5.jpg
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm starting out... getting back into running after a loòòong break. I am up to 32 mins of walk/run and I have a 10k race booked in July. Eek!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Me too. Back in the saddle again (for the 3rd or 4th time I think?). W2D1 complete. Again... ;)
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    Options
    Well done to everyone with their successes! I’ve taken another break because this winter has really kicked my asthmatic butt. Even when I haven’t felt sick I’ve needed my fast-acting inhaler.
  • LindsayGii
    edited February 2018
    Options
    34 minutes. Mostly running now. 3.7km per session. Moving on to level 2 of the Start Running app.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Week one of c25k is in the books for me! Feeling great. I was a runner for years before two babies back to back so I'm just getting back to my love of running. Week one was tough but fun and I LOVE being up and out of the house before everyone wakes to get some "me" time and clear my head.
  • LindsayGii
    Options
    Yeah. Babies are really bad for your routine! My son is nearly 9 now so no more excuses. I'm also loving running again.... after the first 10 minutes!!
  • zorbaru
    Options
    finished week 7 today. technically I've done the full thing as tonight I just kept on running until I hit the 5km Mark (33:25). so running for 30 minutes is no issue.

ive also ditched the 5 minute warm up. One minute tops before I start running
  • LindsayGii
    Options
    I run through most of the cool down. I might ditch the warm up too. Good idea.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LindsayGii wrote: »
    I run through most of the cool down. I might ditch the warm up too. Good idea.

I love the warm ups and cool downs! I'm running with a screwed up hip labrum and the walking really helps get all the surrounding muscles loosened up. I went through PT over the summer with the goal of "getting those glutes firing," so when I do the warmup I concentrate on form and try to remember what I'm supposed to be doing.
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 done yesterday ! I have previously done the program and was up to week 5 when I stopped doing it so this time round I want to complete the program!