21 Day No Junk Food Challenge

Options
HatherM
HatherM Posts: 404 Member
Ok then, here's the thread for anyone wanting to take part in the 21 Day No Junk Food Challenge Starting May 1st 2013.

The objective is simply do not eat Junk or Processed foods for 21 days.
No Chocolate
No Candy/sweets
No biscuits/cookies
No Cakes/Donuts/muffins
No pastries
No Crisps/chips
No Fast Food
No Nutella/naughty spreads
No Ice Cream
No Fizzy drinks

The penalty for anyone who has consumed one of the above is having to walk or cycle for 50 miles in two weeks!

***To be successful at this challenge plan your days/weeks food in advance, with lots of healthy snacks at hand in case of hunger or cravings & don't focus on what you can't have, FOCUS fully on what you can eat :happy: ***

Good luck all giving it a go & here's to looking & feeling healthier :happy:

p.s. don't forget to check in daily to let us know how you got on

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! :drinker:

Maybe doing this will FINALLY break my horrible Cheez Its addiction. lol

Jo
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in and maybe I will be able to kick my tortilla chip habit! So glad I can still have peanut butter though.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My Daughter's birthday party is the 4th and I'm making three ice cream cakes. It will be sooo hard not to eat any of it. That's my only junk food weakness really.
  • HatherM
    Options
    I thought it would be a good idea to share snack ideas, so that we're not too focussed on what we can't have, but all the good things we can have & maybe give each other something new to try :smile:

For me the snacks I eat can be my downfall, as it's all too easy to pick junk food, but if you have any other food ideas or healthy alternatives do please share :happy:

Carrot & cucumber sticks dipped in hummus
    Rice cakes
    peanut butter / nut butters
    nuts
    seeds
    fruit / homemade fruit salad / homemade smoothie
    air-popped popcorn
  • HatherM
    Options
    Good luck to all starting this challenge tomorrow, stay strong & remember whenever you're tempted by junk food , just remember why you're doing this.... For a sexy, fit & healthy body :happy:
  • taximom99
    taximom99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Add me as a friend, cause I need the motivation and support please.
  • Nikki_G30
    Options
    Yay Day 1 down and no processed food. I was craving something sweet so I opted for organic grapes. Hope everyone else had a healthy day too!
  • HatherM
    Options
    Brilliant work Nikki :happy:

I had a good day, I didn't crave anything yesterday, but I nearly slipped up when offered a biscuit, but as I was about to take one I remembered & was like no I'm not having one! oppsss At least I didn't pick it up. hehe :laugh:

Hope everyone else has found lots of healthy alternatives :)
  • HatherM
    Options
    Day 2 - Even though I had a stressful afternoon in work, I didn't crave anything bad - this is shocking to me!

I'm keeping myself satisfied with healthy foods & this seems to be working just grand

Hope everyone else is doing well :happy:
  • Nikki_G30
    Options
    Nice job Hather! Day 2 did well without junk food. My new favorite snack is raisins and cashews. You get the sweet and salty flavor without eating junk. Happy Friday!
  • HatherM
    Options
    Day 3 complete & still no junk food woo hoo. I did fancy chocolate earlier (it's my usual Friday treat) but that soon passed :smile:
  • HatherM
    Options
    So how's everyone getting on? I'm so close to caving in today, but I'm trying to fill up on good foods so that I'm not hungry.

What makes it harder is reading other peoples diaries & their treats they're eating, oh it's so cruel!!!

MUST STAY STRONG! :grumble:
  • HatherM
    Options
    So today in work after lunch when I was already full, I craved chocolate, luckily I don't take money to work & only have the food I take in myself to eat, otherwise I may have caved!

The craving didn't last long & I was busy in work so I forgot about it & successfully managed to turn down a chocolate off a work mate later in the day :happy: WIN!!!

Hope everyone else is staying strong
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am doing so horrible with this challenge. :sad: I partly blame TOM but then again I was the one that purchased a super huge bag of M&M's for the office. ugh...

I need to dust myself off and really think about what I want to cut out for the next couple of weeks. I am sooo proud of you all for taking this challenge seriously, this one is NO joke! lol

Jo
  • HatherM
    Options
    So half way through the challenge & doing well, I say well I'm having cravings but not giving in !!
    It's tough most days now the first week is over, but I must stay strong!!!

Hope you're all doing well on your challenges :smile:
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can we restart? I Just found this! :D I could use this challenge to be sure! I can say I have honestly gone one official day without any candy or sweet things! and no junk food either. So ONE whole day is a good thing for me. .
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start this, from November 12th right through the Thanksgiving holiday. I need a foot in my *kitten*, and my leg's just too fat to reach.

I can do this for three weeks. And if I can do three, I can do six, and if I can do six weeks, then I can do three months. HYAH! *karate chop*