Thinking of doing this

Options
kymkan
kymkan Posts: 444 Member
I am almost finished with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I am close to my goal weight (about 7-9 lbs away) and I have toned up A LOT! I want to tone up more, especially lower body. I have ordered the NROL4W book and it should be here in the next day or so.

I would love to start this program because I am loving the success stories and the pix that go along with them. My only issue is that I cannot go to the gym. First of all, our gym in this small town is only open certain hours and I have a 6 year old. I work out when she is sleeping (mostly about 4 a.m.). Am I going to be able to do this program from home using free weights and bands and such or is a gym mandatory?

I figure, at the least, I can incorporate some of the things from this program into my daily routine. Advice?

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP for posting this, I would also like some info about the program. I have some cap dumbbells that I am using now.

Is this a program that can be done with dumbbells or would I have to get a bar? I would just hate to get the book and not be able to do the program because of lacking proper equipment.
  • MaraPN
    MaraPN Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just started and i do it at home. Stage 1 is possible at home but youll need more than just free weights. Swissball, bench, barbell,dumbbells, resistant band. The other stages get harder so youll need even more.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You definitely needs access to at least:
    Olympic dumbells in increasing weights (you may be able to pull a lot off with buying two of those adjustable weight dumbells)
    Swiss Ball
    A barbell with varying weight is ideal, but you may be able to do this with dumbells
    varying size steps (ideally ranging from 8" to about 16" or more)

and that's just speaking from stage 1. You could do some of the exercises that are better with machines (i.e. lat pull down, seated row) potentially with resistance bands or modified versions with dumbbells (i.e. bent over row), but you're much better off with gym access...
  • Kelwats27
    Options
    I've nearly completed stage 5 and have not stepped into the gym at all having two children makes it hard. The equipment I have is an incline bench, step, Swiss ball, barbell and dumbbell with varying plates and an exercise bike for the hiit workouts later on. I have done the modified home versions for the ones that require a machine and have has excellent results lost around 15 inches all up so far and still going. It can most definitely be done at home.