How important is it to stick to the cardio part of the plan?

Options
mdcoug
mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
I want pizza tomorrow. I've been getting my pizza fix lately by eating a slice of my kids' cheese pizza, but tomorrow I want to order my favorite spinach, ricotta, garlic and tomato white pizza. I've pre-logged my day, and if I get in 315 extra calories, I can do it. Tomorrow is supposed to be a non-lifting day, so I was thinking about doing an Insanity DVD from month 1. I'll have about 50 min. available to workout.

I'm in Stage 1. I've been doing either 20 min. HIIT or longer, low-intensity walks on non-lifting days. I usually only burn about 200 cals. each time. Do you think I am totally defeating all the work I've done by throwing in an Insanity DVD one day a week?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I think it's fine, I've always dome more cardio than it suggests and am still having good progress, I have one more stage 7 workout then I'm done!
  • mdcoug
    Options
    Thanks. I did the Insanity Plyo circuit this morning. I ended up subbing some ab work during the pushups. I was worried it would have been too much on my arms and shoulders since I lifted yesterday and will lift tomorrow.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I too do more cardio than suggests because Im a rebel like that.
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lol, just eat the damn pizza!

I usually do an extra 1-2 20-30 minute cardio workouts a week
  • mdcoug
    Options
    Lol, just eat the damn pizza!

I usually do an extra 1-2 20-30 minute cardio workouts a week

Trust me, if my journal wasn't so full of eating-out guesstimates lately, I would!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    For me, until I CUT BACK on all the various cardio I was doing, I did not experience FAT LOSS. Weird, but true.

I cut out ALL but 1 x weekly session of cardio and the fat has come off me.

Now that it is spring, I'm desperate to bump up my cardio (again!), but am going to satisfy this "need" simply by incorporating walking, walking, walking.