Getting Started

Options
2»

Replies

• miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are all welcome to add me if you want! We can do this together!
  • avaisabella
    Options
    Hi I am a obese 47 year old female. I have never really thought about my weight. In school there was not that much teasing and no one at home really said anything but jump to NOW and I am type 2 diabetic ( runs through out my whole family on both sides) so I need to lose weight for my health and I would like to know what the under 300 lbs live like. I have a very long journey and get discouraged quickly I have hardly no strength to say no to buttercream frosting... I would really love to talk to other people in the same boat for ideas, incouragement and friendship.
  • jenosuna
    jenosuna Posts: 1
    Options
    Me and you are on the same boat I want kids badly but have PCOS and I need to take control of my life now.
  • charmalicious_is_back
    Options
    omg thank you soooo much. I knew there was a reason I
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    Hi, I have been overweight most of my adult life, Every year I would seem to go up a dress size. I wanted to be slim but I wasn't prepared to do anything about it. 18 months ago I lost my husband of 30 years he was just 51. While I was nursing him I came into contact with lots of sick people and a lot of their illness's were from obesity and smoking. I realized I didn't want to die young and that I would have to do something about my weight as I was around 118 kilo (260 pound) and I was 5.3 tall.
    I started slowly with exercising just 15 minutes a day and gradually increased it, I did eat healthy meals but I had lots of snacks as well including ice cream donuts etc. I tried to cut down on these but i kept having just one and that would lead me to eating the whole tub.
    In December 2012 my Doctor told me i had hit 118.9 kilo and I had to do something or else. I was so ashamed of myself. So I Googled healthy tasty recipes and bought some healthy cook books by January I had lost 5 kilos and a friend introduced me to MFP. This really opened my eyes I have became so conscious of what I am eating and I kept pushing myself with exercising trying to do more all the time. so far I have lost 36 Pounds.
    I don't look at that I am on a diet I look at that I choose to live a healthy lifestyle.
    This morning I jumped out of bed and went walking with interval sprints for an hour and at the end I jogged about 500 meters up and down a hill. This time 18 months ago I was lucky to get up and find the remote.
    I still have a long way to go but the benefits of living healthy life are so great, I am not grumpy, I have energy to play with my grand babies and life is good.
  • copple95
    copple95 Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow what great and encouraging stories! So glad I found this group...like one of the other people on here have said...I had no idea there was groups on MFP until I logged onto my computer.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am looking to lose 100 lbs! It has been an ongoing battle with me and weight. I use MFP last year and did ok...thought I would try WW since work was paying...Lets just say I am back to MFP! Any helpful suggestions or encouraging word would be great!

Thank in advance
    Shari'
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to welcome all the new comers who have shared their story since my last post and those who have not shared but decided to join anyway.

In the few groups I have joined in my 20 days on MFP have seemed to fizzz...Well not this group! I want everyone to take a minute to shout out and express themselves and ask for encouragement if needed.

Together we can stand strong!