Managing Stress without failing to meet your goals

qtjones
qtjones Posts: 29 Member
What are ways not to indulge in comfort food when going through a stressful situation??? My family and I have really been through a worldwind this week and during this time sweets and other type of comfort food seem to cross my mind more. How do you manage stressful circumstances and food?? Thanks for the insight...

Replies

• SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    I try to keep busy. My family hit a brick wall this month and are trying to pull things together. Life is hard and food is not the answer. Now saying this is different than living it. If I feel stressed I just grab some pretzels. You can have a nice handful with minimal calories and feel like you are indulging. I am being honest I am not that strong to 'get through it' on a whim of a change. I am only baby steps into to this change and with every mistake will be more and more right choices.
  • sawiemken
    sawiemken Posts: 39 Member
    I try to do crafts, read and lately I try to put my headphones in listen to my Bible and walk like a nut on my treadmill.
  • qtjones
    qtjones Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks for the ideas and encouragement... Yea last week was a stressful weekend for our family, but all in all we did good considering...