Help

Options
MelyndaWaldner
MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
So I have started doing this program this week. I have upped my calories considerably and eating the 40-40-30 which they say to do. I weighed myself today I was at 179, I was 175 at the beginning of the week. I was just wondering if anyone noticed this when they first started? I am not panicking just yet.. lol

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, when you lift you retain water for muscle repair. What you're experiencing is completely normal! What is your average daily calorie intake?
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Your body is also probably readjusting your metabolism. While what you're eating now probably is genuinely your TDEE, it make take a few weeks to get back to that-- I was eating like 900-1200 before I started, so it took a minute to readjust to 1800ish (on NON-workout days!) but I've still seen noticeable VISIBLE results but barely any difference on the scale after a month of doing it.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks Ladies.. :)
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you increased your caloric intake drastically it would also cause a temporary weight gain. Whenever increasing calories I always did it gradually, 100 per week till I hit my desired goal.

As long as you are still eating at a deficit ( TDEE- % ) you will start to lose, patients is key