Am I the only one too uncoordinated for L2?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm about halfway done with level 2, just did day 6. I am not liking level 2 as much as level 1, because I am far to uncoordinated to do some of the moves. I simply can not do the oblique twists without going super slowly and carefully thinking about how to position all my limbs.

On the pendulum lunges I have to go way more slowly than they do in order to 1) not fall over 2) make sure my foot goes far enough forward that my knee doesn't go past my ankle while I lunge.

Because of this I feel like I do not get as good of a workout due to slowing down my pace. Did anyone else have this problem? If so, did you alter the moves or just do the assigned moves more slowly?

On the plus side I love the walking pushups!

Replies

• auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I am too! On the oblique twists I always have to think about how to position my arms and feet before I start and then I have to really focus so that I don't just end up jumping straight up and down and waving my arms wildly all over the place. And I don't remember what they're called, but the first move in the strength training of Circuit 3 - I keep falling over! I can't seem to combine the movement of pushing up my arms and kicking outward with my leg..it just doesn't work! But Level 2 is definitely harder than Level 1, and I actually like that - I feel like I'm really actually getting a good workout. I did Day 4 today and I can tell that I'm getting better on some of the moves. The first time I tried this Level I completely failed. I must have paused it about fifteen times to try and figure out what to do and then because I was so tired and now I don't need to! I usually just do/did the moves more slowly, and try and do an intermediate between what Anita is doing and what Natalie is doing (like my squats are lower down than Anita's but higher than Natalie's).
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wrote on the level 2 thread yesterday that despite being on day 9, I still have plenty of room for improvement.

I think it's better to do the pendulum lunges a bit slower and do them properly. I'm tall, so I think that makes it a bit more awkward. Or surely it's okay just to do forward lunges if it's easier and it makes you feel like you're getting a better workout.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I THOUGHT I was coordinated until level 2..I can't do the oblique twist things correctly.. And the crunches where you bring your knees to the chest at the same time... WTHeck??.. Anyway..I'll keep huffing and puffing until the fat falls off.. :)
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm now completely intimidated! I have 3 days left before I will have done 30 days at Level 1. I decided to give each level a full 30 days since I've started from not working out at all. Here I am, on day 27, feeling pretty good about the fact that I kicked Level 1's *kitten* today!!! Then I read this, and I think...oh crap, can I do Level 2? Only time will tell, i suppose! I'm definitely scared. I was going to just jog/walk 3 times a week and work on core exercises for a while before jumping in to Level 2, but now I'm afraid if I don't start it Monday, I'll psyche myself out of it altogether!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm now completely intimidated! I have 3 days left before I will have done 30 days at Level 1. I decided to give each level a full 30 days since I've started from not working out at all. Here I am, on day 27, feeling pretty good about the fact that I kicked Level 1's *kitten* today!!! Then I read this, and I think...oh crap, can I do Level 2? Only time will tell, i suppose! I'm definitely scared. I was going to just jog/walk 3 times a week and work on core exercises for a while before jumping in to Level 2, but now I'm afraid if I don't start it Monday, I'll psyche myself out of it altogether!
    It's just as hard as level one but different moves..gets you humping as level one did in the beginning. I'm finally getting used to it...very slowly..ohh how do I miss level 1
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Your approach is very sensible - doing each for 30 days and it sounds like you've conquered 1. It is time to move on to something harder and conquer that too. I think one of the reasons that people talk about L2 being difficult is that the last strength move is a killer - squats with v fly - so it kind of sticks in your head. There'll be moves that you like too.

I think you have the right idea about carrying on, momentum is important, just do ALL that you can. If you can't manage Anita's modified, then find (via this forum?) a modified version that you can do and fall back on that when you're beat. This approach is working for me on L3 and I am slowly but definitely improving on the push ups and I feel proud of myself for trying.

Remember also that the first few days are harder because you're learning the moves too - so it doesn't have that nice flow you have with a familiar routine.

G