how do you record you heavy lifting on MFP

Options
tammymusic1
tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
How do you record it I am not seeing all the moves listed on here or do you not even bother?

Replies

• dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't log it just because I already eat at TDEE and don't want to eat back any exercise calories. But I'm curious as to what others log it as. Good question!
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I log it as cardio: 250 calories as thats the number extra calories I'm meant to eat on lift days...
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I log it as cardio: 250 calories as thats the number extra calories I'm meant to eat on lift days...

this is what I've been doing to. Maintenance + the difference on exercise days (1900/2200) and I eat back my cardio calories
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit so I log it on the Fitbit website, but basically I just subtracted the non-workout day recommended amount from the workout day recommended amount and made a custom exercise with the difference (about 295 for me, but yours will be different based on your calculated TDEE
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options

this.
    if youre really anal about it (like me) there is an option under 'cardio' for 'weight lifting/weight training/strength training' but if youre going by the book, you have to adjust the calories manually. (i dont do that personally, cause i rather eat in a tiny deficit to make sure i lose some fat sooner or later.)