Book suggested calories seem WAY too high!

Options
kristy_n0831
kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
My stats:
28 years old
6'1"
270 lbs
BMI: 35.6

I did the calculations listed in the book and came out with RMR of 1678, calories for non lifting days: 2517 and lifting days 2852. Is it just me or does that sound like an awful lot? I started on MFP with a goal of a pound a week lost, which had me eating 2300. I didn't lose any weight, so I did the spreadsheet everyone seems to recommend and it said to lose 1.8lbs a week to eat 1847. I've been following the spreadsheet method for a few weeks before finding and reading NROLFW. I've just been reading the book and plan to start Stage 1 tonight. I just wanted to get input before changing things around.

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    No, that sounds about right I'm 5'2 and eating an average of 1600-1800 a day going by their calculations and I lost 8" in stage one. It's supose to be a slower weight loss that keeps all your LBM. While I lost 8", I didn't lose any weight - but I look a damn sight better than I did. But I don't have much weight to lose - maybe 20lbs?

Try it for 6 weeks then adjust based on what has happened - but take measurements and photos as well - because I would have been so upset not losing any weight, but I am stoked at how much my body shape has changed for the better. I have photos in my profile if you want a nosy :laugh:
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just wanted confirmation before I got too ahead of myself. I'll try what the book suggests through Stage 1 and then go from there. Thanks!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better you can add me. I'm going by the book for the first stage and then adjusting after that.

Eating 300 extra calories on lifting days and always eating back cardio calories.