40 minutes Insanity - only 270 calories?

Options
My calories shown burned during Insanity is a lot lower than I thought it would be. Using my armband is working/helping...keeping track of my calories, calories burned, etc....but I just thought it would be a lot more than that? ??? I mean - it's INSANITY! And I'm checking my heart rate and it's where it should be. My gosh - I think I'd faint if I went any harder!

Replies

• vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think that if we're not walking or running then the BMF cant really measure out METS accurately. Whenever I get to 6+ on the eliptical or stationary bike it barely registers and it doesnt register much on my heavy lifting days. Still it's directionally correct and I'd rather it underestimate than overestimate.
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Insanity and other Circuits, HIT and such burn calories during and after a workout Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption. So when you do cardio you may see an initial bigger number but then that is it. You will find that for the hour right after the workout your burning more than normal sedentary calorie burn. I noticed it after Turbo Fire. I burned another 200 calories the hour after. When I looked at my device I was shocked and investigated.