Challenge One - Slow and steady, win's the race.

Options
Okay, a idea suggested by somebody is that I post a few challenges. To see if we can complete them to help lose the 5 lbs or more by June. The goal is to complete as many, at your own pace. Don't feel as if you need to rush because somebody's ahead of you. Remember you're losing weight for yourself, not anybody else. Slow and steady wins the race. :wink:

Challenge One:

To either run, jog, walk, bike or roller-skates! Anything that involves exercise! 50 Miles or 80.4 Kilometers.
This won't be 'time frame', you do this at your own pace and once completed move onto Challenge Two if you're up for it.

Keeping Track:

You can use a ticker to track:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

Or your own way of keeping track.

Remember, we've got this. So good luck! Keep your progress updated on this topic!

Replies

• Bioc
    Bioc Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm doing this on a bike.

0 // 80.4 Kilometers.

Good luck everybody!
  • varamanna
    varamanna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this on rollerscates! :)

0 // 80.4 km

exercise.png
  • shenhannigans
    Options
    I'm walking!

(I hope I paste this in right!)

exercise.png
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can definitely do this!
    I have been wanting to track my miles; just always too lazy to sum them up monthly!

I will try the ticker thing - never done that before! :)
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm..I'm doing Insanity right now so all of my cardio is done through jumping around like a maniac :-P haha . My arm band has a built in pedometer that I think tracks how "far" i've walked/moved during the day so I guess I'll use that measurement to track my miles for the month. :) I do a bunch of walking around at work so maybe I'll get that far...ya never know.

Edited to say I found that for my height there are about 2.286 steps in a mile so I will track miles that way :) Added my ticker. My steps are measured by the pedometer function in my armband so it includes activity from my exercises which are pretty hardcore.

exercise.png

Met my goal as of 5/8/13 :)
  • Just made my ticker :)

exercise.png
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Made my ticker and ready to go :D

exercise.png
  • mabelle2
    mabelle2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm counting weekly minutes on the tread

exercise.png
  • varamanna
    varamanna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Already 16,8 km done!!

exercise.png
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Met me 50 miles goal already as of yesterday!! WOOOOTTT! :-)

exercise.png
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Is anyone else even bothering with this group anymore? O_o Updated my miles again as of 5/14/13...

exercise.png