Just finished burn!

Options
eileenmetz
eileenmetz Posts: 19 Member
Just finished my last day of the burn phase! So psyched! I've noticed some serious changes in my body that I have never achieved before. Super proud! It's been tough but well worth it. I'm not so excited to possibly bulk up a bit during push but It'll be worth it after lean.

How did everyone like push??

Replies

• LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    congratulations Eileen. That is awesome. PUSH is great. Similar but much heavier and only 6-8 reps. I go heavy so I know I can get to 6 but I usually always get to 8. I went heavier still today in my 3rd week. Had to buy more dumbbells to do Push well. Enjoy!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am starting push tomorrow but worried..... My weights only go up to 10lbs so I bought a set of three bands over the weekend. I didn't see much results from burn and wondering if it's because I didn't have heavy enough weights. Will the bands (light, medium, heavy) get the job done for push?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I am starting push tomorrow but worried..... My weights only go up to 10lbs so I bought a set of three bands over the weekend. I didn't see much results from burn and wondering if it's because I didn't have heavy enough weights. Will the bands (light, medium, heavy) get the job done for push?

We are all different but I hadn't lifted before and I went up to 24 pounds in push!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    not sure about the bands. The woman makes it look hard on the DVD. I'm up to 25 1b dumbbells in some of the Push moves. You may want to invest in a cheap pair of adjustable weights (the kind you adjust yourself). That's what I have so I cam move between 20, 22 and 25. It's a pain but it works.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just finished push 1. Woo hoo!
  • eileenmetz
    Options
    I was thinking about getting the adjustables but im waiting until i complete the program. im sure ill do another round w/ hybrid of something. Theyre so expensive :/
  • eileenmetz
    Options
    kate, how did you like it?? I cant wait to get up tomorrow morning and start.
  • katellanova
    Options
    I loved it! I got adjustable weights from big lots. They go up to 25 lbs and were $25 each. If you have those in the area you might want to check it out :-)
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love Push because it's heavier weights, lower reps and only working on part of your body. However, I don't feel like I have heavy enough weights for the lower body exercises to really good a good sweat going in Push. I always add some cardio to my Push workouts so I actually feel like I worked hard that day.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I love PUSH too. I feel SO strong when I'm doing it. LOVE the squats using 25 1b dumbbells in each hand. Love isolating one leg. Feel like I'm going to die but it feels good at the same time. Very strange - LOL!
  • eileenmetz
    Options
    i loved it yesterday! cant wait to see what tomorrow brings.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Push. I'm on week 3. I'm ready to move up to 25lb for bicep and hammer curls, but believe it or not, someone has stolen the 25lb set from the weight room! It's an office gym, so I'm going to buy a set this weekend and get reimbursed for them, but I'm so proud of myself for lifting this much. I'm up to 30lb (60 total) on squats now.
  • ShannonKelliG
    ShannonKelliG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Today was my last day of burn. Can't wait to start push! Picking up new weights this weekend.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I'm loving Push. I'm on week 3. I'm ready to move up to 25lb for bicep and hammer curls, but believe it or not, someone has stolen the 25lb set from the weight room! It's an office gym, so I'm going to buy a set this weekend and get reimbursed for them, but I'm so proud of myself for lifting this much. I'm up to 30lb (60 total) on squats now.
    \

25 1b for bicep and hammer curls??? YOU ROCK! I'm at 15 but could probably move up.

NSV for today: I arrived at work and was looking in a full length mirror waiting for the elevator. I could actually see my deltoid muscle (muscle forming the rounded contour of the shoulder). I thought it was a shadow so I was moving around to see if it went away but it didn't!! Thank you Chalean!!!!
  • katellanova
    Options
    Done with push week 1 :-)
  • sum1serin
    sum1serin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3rd week of burn! I'm starting to wonder how many rounds I'm going to have to do to get rid of the flabby arms.....anyone have ideas? Lol. Loving it so far. I tend to enjoy my workouts at night before shower and bed. I'm not a wake up early and workout kind of girl.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    3rd week of burn! I'm starting to wonder how many rounds I'm going to have to do to get rid of the flabby arms.....anyone have ideas? Lol. Loving it so far. I tend to enjoy my workouts at night before shower and bed. I'm not a wake up early and workout kind of girl.

I'm almost done the 90 days and arms are still wobbly... BLAH!!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Wobbly = fat, so make sure your diet is on track and you're getting enough protein to build muscle through your lifting and you'll know you're on track and it will happen eventually. I find patience is the hardest part of all this!

I do evening work outs too as my toddler is a light sleeper so I can't get anything done in the morning without waking her. I find I have more energy to push harder after dinner as well and enjoy showering and flopping straight into bed, although I'm all pumped and trying to sleep LOL!