As for me, I'm getting honest.

Options
learntolive
learntolive Posts: 170 Member
Hi everybody, I was a member of MFP for several months and lost 15 lbs. It was slow, but, progress. My brother got sick and I was devestated. Got away from logging in and ate to gain weight. He is still living, but terminal. I have come to terms with his illness and am ready and willing to get back on track. I probably was not honest with my calorie intake last time I was a member and that is why my weight gain was so slow. So I have decided this time I am going to be honest and see were that gets me. It helps to come to terms with yourself. Could use some support. Joni:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'll be glad to support you - friend me if you would like! My weight loss is slow - but I'm honest with my food! I have been using Fitday for a couple of years, and just started MFP last month! Since October 2011 I have lost 25 pounds - slow and with some plateaus - but I'm still at it! For quite a while I was eating between 1100 and 1200 calories a day - I thought that was what I needed to eat to lose because I am semi-handicapped and do what exercise I can. I started looking at the boards and saw the IPOARM - and now I am at 1400 calories and still losing! Good luck to you!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group ...I am so sorry to hear about your brother...

Slow but sure has been my motto......I am almost there and the last few pounds are tough to lose.......but all is good here.....

Jean
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sorry to hear about your brother. I measure everything and log all the food I eat, even medicine and water. It may take us longer to lose the weight, but as they say slow and steady wins the race. You can add me if you like.
  • uwharriegold
    Options
    I can relate ... I gained 17 pounds when my husband was sick during the winter. He's doing better, but his issues are chronic and not going away. It was a wake-up call for me and that's when I found MFP. Thankfully those 17 pounds and a few more are gone now and I'm on my way to being fit. I am not terribly meticulous about counting, but I am honest. I find whatever looks close in the food database. I stay right at 1,200 a day with a special occasion now and then ... but no regular cheat days. I walk EVERY day for 1 hour or more. I believe success is all about being honest with yourself. It helps tremendously to have friends to keep you going!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I lost my brother over 15 years ago and it was a very stressful time; it was hard to think about anything else for the last year of his life. You will get through this though, and you need to take care of yourself in the interim.

I've lost 15lbs in the last 12 months. The weight comes off very slowly and I plateau frequently. I know it's because I can't seem to give up my junk food so I'm trying to control--or limit--my junk food intake because if I cut it out completely I'll get frustrated and stop trying. For me it's better this way.

I'm always honest in my logging. I do try to walk 30 minutes at a minimum 4-5 days a week and stretch a few days a week to keep all the joints happy. I am also glute free for a year because of an allergy to wheat rediscovered a year ago.

Welcome to the group, you'll get lots of support here. Also please feel free to add me as a friend.