I ran 5K outside!

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
I graduated at the beginning of the month. But all 4 of my 5K runs have been on the treadmill. I've started moving my runs outside. I did one mile, then I did 2 a couple of times. Last night, I ran 3.1 miles---outside! My time was 54:29 It was my best 5K time, and my first one outside.

Replies

• pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    awesome :)
    I droped 3 min of my best time today on my 3.1 went from 59 min to 56.30
    I was over the moon
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    This is terrific news! Julie, you're taking to jogging so naturally. Way to go!

Today, I ran the fastest I've ever run outdoors: a 13.5 minute mile. Still slow by some standards but quicker than my usual, so I'm happy. Although I haven't run a complete 5K without stopping to walk yet (outdoors, that is....I can do it on the treadmill), I'm running longer distances before stopping for a short walking period. I will soon join you in being able to run 5K outdoors.

You rock, Julie!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    Ive found I really like running outside. When the weather's nice anyway :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Julie, I'm so impressed by you! When is your first 5k race going to be?
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Julie, I'm so impressed by you! When is your first 5k race going to be?

My first race won't be until July: The Alien Chase. (I live in Roswell, NM). There is a zoo run next month that was going to be my first, but I am doing the Walk for Hope (cancer walk) on Friday from 6pm to midnight. I didn't think it would be wise to attemp my first 5K the next morning! :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That's tooooo faaaar away. I'm so impatient for you. Sign up for an earlier one! Do it!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Did you find it harder running outside than on the treadmill?

I've just started couch to 5k. I decided to do it outside while the weather is not to hot, but
    I'll have to do it on my treadmill in a few weeks.