2»

Replies

• DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Ehrmahgerd!!!!

homemade-black-power-rack.jpg

big-daddy-homemade-power-rack-platform-2.jpg

One of these will be my power rack. Hubby is looking for a new project anyway. Score! :drinker:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sweet. Though for the money (if you're talking $200), I'd just splurge and get a cheap power rack off of amazon. You can get them for under $400 shipped. Or a used one off of CL. I'm lazy though, and I'd probably kill myself due to poor craftsmanship.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    And as a bonus, you got exercise building it!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Very nice!

*Adds to list of things to learn: how to be a handyman*
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Amazing. :love:
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    Wow +100 for ingenuity
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    lol that's awesome.

I wouldn't lift in anything I had made myself I would probably be killed.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Pretty epic.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That is incredibly fantastic! As I walk off and pout because I have no room in my house for anything like this ....
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    That is incredibly fantastic! As I walk off and pout because I have no room in my house for anything like this ....

treated wood. front yard. it'd make a great trellis for plants to grow on :p
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

That would be a good incentive to remain consistent so that the vines don't grow around your barbell and permanently attach it to the rack.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

That would be a good incentive to remain consistent so that the vines don't grow around your barbell and permanently attach it to the rack.

You could use the vines as resistance bands if that happened.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Good point!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Good point!

I wonder if I could build it to look enough like a trellis that the wife wouldn't notice what it actually was.

Hmmm....
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Good point!

I wonder if I could build it to look enough like a trellis that the wife wouldn't notice what it actually was.

Hmmm....

Excellent idea! We're about to take down the kids playground - I could just stick this right in it's place.