Team Twilight Back to Basics Newborn Challenge 4/29-5/5

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
April 29th through May 5th 2013

This week's challenge idea is from Twijourney, who has been happily reading Eclipse, she has just gotten to the part where everyone is training to go into battle with the very strong Newborns.--- Thank you LeighAnn for helping inspire us!

In the Back to Basics Newborn challenge, we will go back to our habits from when we first started MFP....when our "thirst" for bad food ruled us but we used Bella like self control to conquer it. We had a plan to change those things we didn't like about our "human" life...like not being able to find clothes that fit, inability to tie shoelaces without holding our breath, or being unable to walk up a flight of stairs without huffing & puffing.

This week, we will practice Bella's self control and be super diligent with our food intake and try out our newborn strength & speed daily.

:flowerforyou: Fitness: At least 15 minutes of daily activity -- get outside and sparkle!

:bigsmile: Food: Keep within your daily allotment - strive for plenty of veggies, fruits, and protein. mountain lion and bear are optional

:drinker: H20: 8X8 daily 'think fresh, clear, water from a babbling brook in the Hoh rainforest'

:blushing: Daily NSV reflection....tell us about an NSV you experienced during your early days of MFP. Oh, and current NSVs are ALWAYS welcome.

If you need a little mojo in your motivation this week, keep in mind that R Pattz's birthday is just around the corner, and we need to be ready to show off our vampy skillz!

Happy Back to Basics ladies!!
XXOO
Surf

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fat cow checking in. At least thats how I was made to feel at work today, hearing their reactions to the pregnant picture in a tabloid of Kim Kardashian, saying she's huge, must be over 200lbs, then how they would never get that big pregnant, and was whining about having to buy a small shirt instead of an extra small.. I was in the room at the time, and couldn't ignore them. Printing up my diet plan for the week now, have to go grocery shopping after work tomorrow. Sad thing is, these two girls are both moms, and honestly what would be considered skinny fat
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting, Yvonne! I'm going to be battling my "thirst" for carbs especially. I'm also really hoping that reaching an attainable goal of 15 minutes of exercise per day will get me back in the hunt for fitness.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hey, everyone! almost done with my grad school for the semester - no more homework until august! i should be a go for this - finally! i have not been around much on mfp, but i have been doing pretty well. managed to lose 4 pounds and have been working out diligently - save for last week. last week i got nothing. but this is perfect timing for a challenge to get me back on track! i will check in this evening with my day one progress - hope everyone is doing well!

ps~my husband just got offered a new job! he'll be teaching high school social studies at unc school of the arts, the same conservatory i graduated from! how cool is that?!

pps~shell, your co-workers can bite me. chin up and remember to ignore stupid people! (easier said than done, i know - there are just so many of them!) :flowerforyou:
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!! love going back to basics :)
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Can anyone still sign up ?
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Can anyone still sign up ?

You sure can! Would love for you to join us! We post right here. If you know of any others from the team that you'd like to invite, please do so! :flowerforyou:

Surf
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Brilliant!! love going back to basics :)

Hi Nay, so glad you can join us!! The more the merrier!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    hey, everyone! almost done with my grad school for the semester - no more homework until august! i should be a go for this - finally! i have not been around much on mfp, but i have been doing pretty well. managed to lose 4 pounds and have been working out diligently - save for last week. last week i got nothing. but this is perfect timing for a challenge to get me back on track! i will check in this evening with my day one progress - hope everyone is doing well!

ps~my husband just got offered a new job! he'll be teaching high school social studies at unc school of the arts, the same conservatory i graduated from! how cool is that?!

pps~shell, your co-workers can bite me. chin up and remember to ignore stupid people! (easier said than done, i know - there are just so many of them!) :flowerforyou:

Stacie, Awesome job on losing the 4 pounds, but I think they found me!!! That is way cool about your hubbies new job! Are you still nannying? I am so glad you can join us!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting, Yvonne! I'm going to be battling my "thirst" for carbs especially. I'm also really hoping that reaching an attainable goal of 15 minutes of exercise per day will get me back in the hunt for fitness.

Thank YOU for this week's suggestion. I love the back to basics idea!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Fat cow checking in. At least thats how I was made to feel at work today, hearing their reactions to the pregnant picture in a tabloid of Kim Kardashian, saying she's huge, must be over 200lbs, then how they would never get that big pregnant, and was whining about having to buy a small shirt instead of an extra small.. I was in the room at the time, and couldn't ignore them. Printing up my diet plan for the week now, have to go grocery shopping after work tomorrow. Sad thing is, these two girls are both moms, and honestly what would be considered skinny fat

Shell, we got your back sistah! Sounds like you work with two skinny cows!!!! Don't worry about them, they just see the effort you are making and they are jealous and don't know how to do it themselves. If they were smart they would come ask you. In fact I would say they are dumb skinny cows!!! You rock!! So glad to see you here!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I'm in!

Wooohoooo!!!! Awesome Kathy!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Fitness: At least 15 minutes of daily activity -- get outside and sparkle!
    :love: I walked at lunch, got back to my desk and got called out to a meeting half way across campus. I did far more than sparkle, and I am afraid the Volturi may not be very forgiving of my actions. Security, er uh I mean Chief Swan drove by and offered me a ride back to my building so I didn't have to walk the entire way back.it was a sunny day and I was glad to get back inside to my fan.

Food: Keep within your daily allotment - strive for plenty of veggies, fruits, and protein. mountain lion and bear are optional
    :heart: I did well today, stayed under my calories. No bears or mountain lions although I was certainly hungry enough that I could have eaten one of each. Mirror mirror told me if I keep this up I will lose weight. I hope he isn't just screwing with me!

H20: 8X8 daily 'think fresh, clear, water from a babbling brook in the Hoh rainforest'
    :drinker: I drank from the brook and it was good!

Daily NSV reflection....tell us about an NSV you experienced during your early days of MFP. Oh, and current NSVs are ALWAYS welcome.
    :bigsmile: An early MFP NSV... This one was a big deal....I had lost some weight (dont recall how much exactly) and I no longer hurt all over when I got out of bed in the morning.

Happy Monday everyone. Lets have a great week!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I didn't get outside, but I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring out a workout that I could do while nursing a broken toe. (I found it while googling "adrenaline rush). ;)

Food: Keep within your daily allotment - strive for plenty of veggies, fruits, and protein. mountain lion and bear are optional
    I did pretty well although not super crazy good about the fruits and veggies.

H20: 8X8 daily 'think fresh, clear, water from a babbling brook in the Hoh rainforest'
    It's getting easier to drink enough water (the weather is warmer).

Daily NSV reflection....tell us about an NSV you experienced during your early days of MFP. Oh, and current NSVs are ALWAYS welcome.
    An early MFP NSV... Weighing my food. Never thought I'd do that. NSV for today - took out a sleeveless top from the back of the closet and found that it was HUGE (and I bought it since getting out of plus sizes).
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fitness: 10 minutes of walking on breaks at work, along with the resistance training from the trainer

Food: Within my goal, could have made better choices though

H20: 8X8 daily - check

Daily NSV reflection...Current NSV - I can remove my jeans without using the zipper or undoing the buttons
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fitness: At least 15 minutes of daily activity --I went to the gym yesterday and today , and im trying the Couch to 5k plan thingy

Food:Did preety good , but its all about learning :)

H20: I love water like i love Edward :) Cold and yummy haha

Daily NSV reflection: Hmmmm yesterday when i put on my jeans i dident feel like i was wearing a corset
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I didn't get outside, but I logged 20 minutes as an estimate for all that I did at the event I worked last night.

I SUCK at staying under calories these days. I don't know what my problem is, but all I want to do is EAT. :sad:

I never had a problem drinking 64 oz a day, until now. I can't seem to do it for some reason. I need a swift kick in the butt.

Daily NSV reflection: Though I've been struggling with food/weight gain lately, I haven't given up completely and that in and of itself is an NSV for me.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind and haven't been in the group for a while (thanks for not giving up on my twi!) but I'm back to tracking after I've gained back over half of what I've lost on MFP almost 2 years ago. It's time for me to get serious again! So here I am :)

Fitness: This one is the easiest for me to fulfill. It takes me 15 minutes to walk to and from the bus to get to work! But I did go out at lunch today as well and hit up goodwill and whole foods. And walked up a dreaded hill we all try to avoid at work. hahaha

Food: Yesterday, I failed. I was over by 53 calories. (poo) but today, it looks like I'll be right on track!

H20: another easy one for me, I almost always get my water for the day :)

Daily NSV reflection: I remember when I first joined MFP and I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks...there was a woman at work who was getting married in a month and basically eating carrot sticks all day long. I was talking to her about my own healthy eating habits I was working on and she said she wished she had my self control. BTW, I should mention she got a size 4 dress and when it came, it was too big as she'd lost so much weight. Yeah. It made me feel good that a woman who was already SUPER thin looked up to me a little bit.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Fitness:At least 15 minutes of daily activity -- get outside and sparkle!
    Got outside again at lunch. Tomorrow we have pretty good chance for rain, so my outdoor exercise opportunity will be limited. Good time to do more packing for the move.

I did pretty well today, stayed under. Could have used some green veggies in my diet, but I did good on protein and fruit.

Ahhhhh the sound of that babbling brook is so calming. 9 cups today.

Daily NSV reflection....tell us about an NSV you experienced during your early days of MFP
    An older NSV that was noteworthy....I had to run a meeting in my boss's absence and saw some employees from another building that I hadn't seen in a few months. They commented to my boyfriend who they work with, that I had lost weight.
    As far as current NSVs I can't wait for my waistbands to get looser.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Fitness: I didn't get out today. We hit a high of 70 and then the mercury plummeted and the wind kicked up her heels. Supposed to get down to 36 tonight and may even snow in the morning. Crazy!! Wednesdays are booked full of meetings so I can't get away for my lunchtime walk.

Food: I was over today, but if I bank, I still,have a credit of 15 for the week.

H20: working on my 5th cup, behind a bit for the day.

NSV: a former NSV. When my pants seemed longer because I was smaller around. I need to get there again!