Team Twilight Back to Basics Newborn Challenge 4/29-5/5

Options
2»

Replies

• Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    Fitness: 20 minutes wandering around the parking lots of the arthritis center while mom was at appointment

Food:Under calorie goal, but really skipped around my assigned meal plan, could have done much better

H20: 8X8 daily - maybe 5 glasses today

Daily NSV reflection...the chiropractor could notice my looser pants

Wednesday:
    Fitness: 30 minutes running after a 5 year old
    food: started out ok, then went down hill from there
    Daily NSV reflection - none today, too down on myself, the more I think about the comments made sunday, the more I get upset & want to go back to old & unhealthy ways
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fitness:Just got back from the gym 27 minutes of cardio , and 20minutes of strength
    Food: damn the doughnuts :(
    H20: Im a camel
    Daily NSV reflection.I feel happier than i have in 6months
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been checking in:

Fitness: I haven't been able to workout outside, but I did another chair workout.

Food - pretty good for my reduced exercise schedule just a few calories over a couple days.

H20 - Doing great:drinker:

NSV - Well, this isn't an NSV really - more of a SV. I reset my maintenance calories, and my weight seems to be inching DOWN , like to regions I haven't seen since the 70's. I'm looking forward maybe to shopping tomorrow with Angela and Jessica. I wonder what size I'll be wearing and if I'll run into Edward Cullen.:love:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Fitness: At least 15 minutes of daily activity -- get outside and sparkle!
    With running around with hubby all week for tests/dr appts, working one night event, plus my usual work/mommy schedule, I just haven't been able to get it done. I would say I will make it up this weekend, but with hubby recovering from surgery, I'll be lucky to get to do anything.

Food: Keep within your daily allotment - strive for plenty of veggies, fruits, and protein. mountain lion and bear are optional
    I switched to maintenance calories today and am going to try to focus on healthy eating instead of calorie count. I actually ate strawberries and cucumbers today at lunch, and lots of 'em!

H20: 8X8 daily 'think fresh, clear, water from a babbling brook in the Hoh rainforest'
    Still struggling with this, but getting better every day.

Daily NSV reflection: I'm slowly taking steps to change my life for the better (i.e. changing jobs).
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    only report for today is I got the water part in. I've found myself on a downward spiral this week after comments on sunday that i KNOW were not directed at me or about me, but with the self-esteem issues I can't get rid of, I took it to be about me
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Check in...

Thursday....went quite a bit over calories, we had Dairy Queen last night. Banana Splits are healthy right? Strawberry, pineapple, banana... Weather was not conducive to being outside, so I didn't get to sparkle. Temps are getting warmer though, so I can get out again soon. Water...got in about 5 of 8.

Friday...so far I am 75 over for the day. Water is at 5/8. I see packing of boxes in my future so I will have some indoor calories to burn off tonight.

NSV --When I put on my jeans for work today they felt less tight in the tummy. Wooohoo! Nice to reap the benefits of a good week. Those NSVs are really what keeps me going!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Friday - over in calories, got the water in

Saturday - a little bit under, got some outdoor walking in, got water in
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!! love going back to basics :)

Hi Nay, so glad you can join us!! The more the merrier!

Some times need a nudge ! ;) I forget to check these things lol
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    This was a tough week with all of hubby's dr. appointments and then his surgery. I'm doing okay with maintenance calories and am getting better about drinking water. My biggest problem is lack of exercise. Time is a problem, but so is space right now. Hubby has taken up residence in the living room, and a while back we moved some furniture around so there isn't space in my bedroom to work out like I used to. I can't wait til August/September when I can maybe afford to rejoin the gym.

Just a suggestion, but I would totally be up to trying to go back to basics again next week. Anyone else need it too?
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Fitness: walked on break today, and after work

Food: stayed under calories, and pretty much on plan. I've pre-logged the majority of my week with my menus & recipes from the trainer

H20: 9 glasses

Daily NSV reflection....being able to wear my dad's class ring again - class of 1955!
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fitness: Wen to the gym Monday, and Today. I plan on going the rest of the week as well . At least 20mins of cardio and 25 of strength
    Food: Im doing preety good , not great....
    H20: I carry water bottles with me everywhere and i drink iced water all day at work
    Daily NSV reflection: I stepped on the scales and the number looked smaller happy me
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for not checking in regularly here, everyone. It's so hard when I normally only get on MFP on my phone! I really wish the discussions were on the app :(
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this back to basics mindset - that's what I need right now!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for not checking in regularly here, everyone. It's so hard when I normally only get on MFP on my phone! I really wish the discussions were on the app :(

I agree Sykin :( it's next to impossible for me to keep up with the challenges anymore. I'm NEVER on a PC and it's rare that I'm on my tablet.