JUST STARTING ? JOIN THIS NOW !

Options
2»

Replies

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I decided to risk rotting vegetables and began the Attack phase again today instead of proscrastinating. I feel better already. I am doing 4 days and then will resume the cruise.
  • toadqueen
    Options
    Hi Guys,

After a couple of hiccups (major binges earlier this week), I am back in Attack and feeling so much in better control. I am on day three of four and will rejoin the cruise on Sunday. I am still retaining water and suffering from painful inflammation but I am hopeful it will subside after TOM and elimination of red meat after this weekend. I plan to do a combination of anti-inflammatory and Dukan and boost my thyroid through diet rather than medication. I have also started a probiotic.

Good luck to everyone!
  • toadqueen
    Options
    I am so glad I am listening to my body instead of doctors who practice with it. Today is my last day of Attack. I am going to try the Cruise stage a little differently once I begin tomorrow by eating less raw and more cooked veggies to keep my thyroid happy and I will no longer force myself to keep strict ratios of one-to-one PP and PV days. I really do not care if I never eat a vegetable ever again but I will have some tomorrow if they are still edible and see how it goes. A likely scenario is just a couple of PV days per week. I am allowed one egg per week because of food sensitivities and I ate that today . I want to see if it makes any difference separate from the veggies I plan to eat tomorrow.

I lost 7.6 lbs during my four days of Attack!
  • mcarter1015
    mcarter1015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting dukan after both my parents did it and have kept it off successfully for two years! So I'm super motivted I have three more days of the attack phase and I've already lost 9.8 lbs! I am trying to get ride of the baby weight I've gained and back to normal! So far I'm loving the diet and the results!!
  • ladyjay71
    ladyjay71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started Dukan over three weeks ago and after the first week of cruise I realized that I missed my fruits and veggies too much so I'm doing sort of a modified version. I eliminated all refined carbs and sugar and feel much better, I don't even crave it so much anymore. I'm down 4.5 pounds and plan to continue high protein low carb but I will be eating my veggies and limited fruit. I drink about 9 to 10 glasses of water a day and it helps with the hunger, oh yes, I still have the Oat Bran everyday, I swear it does make you feel full throughout the day.

Good luck with your journey and just remember to eat healthy and drink your water, be consistent and don't beat yourself up if you slip, it's a life style change not a "diet".
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I started Dukan over three weeks ago and after the first week of cruise I realized that I missed my fruits and veggies too much so I'm doing sort of a modified version. I eliminated all refined carbs and sugar and feel much better, I don't even crave it so much anymore. I'm down 4.5 pounds and plan to continue high protein low carb but I will be eating my veggies and limited fruit. I drink about 9 to 10 glasses of water a day and it helps with the hunger, oh yes, I still have the Oat Bran everyday, I swear it does make you feel full throughout the day.

Good luck with your journey and just remember to eat healthy and drink your water, be consistent and don't beat yourself up if you slip, it's a life style change not a "diet".

Hey Ladyjay71... if you look at the third phase of dukan,(consolidation) you can see the recommended fruit levels. I lost ten pounds while on consolidation! I did the on line help with Dukan, and I never added back potatos, rice, pasta or bread . They had me substitue an apple or avocado instead while on consolidation.
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Love this post !

• auka2001
    auka2001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, a new Dukanaute here!.
    I did it last year with good results, but I did notstick to the phase 3 beacuse I had too much stress at work. So I'm starting again today. I plan to loose around 15 kg.I will do 4 days attack and then I'll into cruise.
    I am from Spain and 40 yo.
    If you wish to add me as friend, please feel free to do it!
    I use MFP mainly for keeping track of the amounts of protein, carbs and fat that I eat and also to track exercise (I'm using a fitbit steps tracker everyday to motivate myself to increase to 10000 steps, still doing 5000...)