Other places BodyMedia kind-of works (other than arm)?

Options
Hi! I have had my BodyMedia for 2 months now and love it so much! I always wear it in the proper location. I'm going on vacation this month and will be wearing tank tops and shorts. I want to wear my BodyMedia but hide it just for those 5 days. I know it won't be as accurate, but has anyone found a secondary location that works similarly?

Replies

• lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    The ONLY thing I hate about the BMF is where you have to wear it -- hate seeing the strap or a tan line. I've been wearing mine tucked in to my bra band (directly below my left armpit). When I compared the numbers back in January I thought it read about 10% less there but I recently compared my 45 minute elliptical workout and that showed a difference (less) of 22%.

I'm in maintenance so I try to eat as much as it shows I burn. I just recently went back to wearing it in my bra so it's too early to tell how it's going to work -- might have to up my calories.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hm okay. So I can put it in my bra without it touching my skin? Or do you have it attached some way?
  • lisab0864
    Options
    It touches my skin -- the bra band (not cups) keeps it pushed against my (side) ribcage (almost directly in line w/my armpit but obviously lower).. I'm probably not explaining it correctly but...............don't know how else to explain it.
  • determined_erin
    Options
    I gotcha! Thanks for the tip. I will probably do this.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If its not going to be accurate- is there any point in wearing it? Maybe get a cheap pedometer instead for your holiday.
  • lisab0864
    Options
    Why spend money on a pedometer when you have a BMF? Personally I like knowing "approximately" how calories I'm burning even though it's not "accurate". Without it, I have a hard time eating enough calories cuz I feel like I'm eating to much and I worry about gaining my weight back.
  • determined_erin
    Options
    Yeah, I would rather use my BodyMedia. I could use the pedometer on my smart phone, but it won't count on my BodyMedia activity manager. It's okay if it's not the perfect numbers for the 5 days. I just need a general idea of how I'm doing. Thanks for all of the advice!