Where to go from here?

Options
chubby_checkers
chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
I'm one workout away from completing my first 12 week round of StrongLifts, and I'm a little lost on where to go next. My primary goal is fat loss. I'm 5'6.5", 268lbs, and from various calculators and the inaccurate hand-held BF measuring device, I'm approx. 43% BF. My arbitrary weight goal is 165lbs, but this number is not set in stone. I'm not looking for diet advice yet, just an idea of a heavylifting program that would work well with eating at a deficit.

Would another round of StrongLifts be good or should I look at something geared toward endurance?

Screen shot of my weight stats:
Ee8GMTs.jpg

Tell me what to do! :laugh: If you need more info, let me know.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Continue StrongLifts is my advice. You will continue to make strength gains and it is a very good program for maintaining LBM on a deficit.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Continue StrongLifts is my advice. You will continue to make strength gains and it is a very good program for maintaining LBM on a deficit.

This^^^^

SL is a program which you can milk for a long time before you really need to switch. If you are still progressing and haven't stalled out then continue on. If you are starting to stall you can look at going to 3x5. Also look into fractionals if you don't have them already.

I'm in week 9 of my second cycle of SL and I have made a few tweaks in terms of how fast I am progressing. I took one week between cycles and did a deload (in retrospect I probably could have done 2 weeks at deload) and then started back up. It worked really well and I also think it really gives you an opportunity to work on form even longer.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

That.

There's really no reason I can see to switch.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for the help, guys!
This discussion has been closed.