Started to feel better, not so much anymore..

Options
dsolgot
dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
Looking for help… I’m wondering if there was any certain diet or life style change that helped any of you the most with weight loss or feeling better. Also what type of workouts are you doing?

My doctor up’ed my synthroid dosage 6 weeks ago and I go back next week for blood work and to see how the new dose is working. Well a few weeks ago I felt amazing almost like my old self and I was so happy! I started walking 5 days a week and since I have a good amount of weight to work off that I gained since I was diagnosed I decided to do Slim in 6. Well things were going good and I managed to lose a couple pounds but now all of a sudden I feel worse all over again. And I can’t help but to feel it’s some was related to working out more since I was 3 weeks into insanity before I became very sick and then was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. This is all so aggravating and half the time I feel like I’m going crazy lol.

And I'm sorry if I'm asking something that's been asked several times I'm trying to go through posts but there are a lot lol, if you know of a post and can point me in that direction faster I'd appreciate it.

Replies

• Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    I was put on a Paleo diet (no grains, dairy, refined sugars,etc), which I fought tooth and nail at first, but I do feel a LOT better when I follow it and am actually able to lose weight (finally). I was also told to avoid shellfish, since extra iodine could make my situation worse (problem with Reverse T3). Some people benefit from the extra iodine. Just depends.

I was also feeling ill when trying to exercise and found out it was a symptom of adrenal exhaustion. Might be worth checking out your adrenal gland if nothing else seems to help.

Workouts after diagnosis- started out with 15-30 minutes of walking while I got adjusted to all the new medications and have now started my kettle bell dvds again. So far, no nausea/ickiness.

Insanity is a great workout, but might be too intense right now if you are feeling bad after. I had to set aside my Tapout dvds, but plan to work back up to those once I'm feeling better. Good luck!
  • charleschip
    charleschip Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Everyone's situation is a bit different. I have Hashi's. What works for me so far is a full lifestyle change. I do more of a "Mediterranean" with a combination of "DASH" way of eating. I don't eat red or dark meats, 90-95% cut out processed and dairy, 99% of fast food, 100% beer although I have an occasional wine. I also take supplements with Fatigued to Fantastic as one of them along with work out (run, walk, Offroading (Baja style racing and extreme rock crawling) and a lot of garage work (working on offroad vehicles). I have found that to many carbs set me off into a downward spiral and I usually balance my macros out to a large degree. Hang in there champ! I will send you a friend invite so we can support each other and you can view my diary for ideas and such. Your body didn't take this long to get where you are and it won't be a week, month or possibly even more than a year to get it back under control. So take it one day at a time!