Front squat push press and static lunge vs. split squat

Options
angela1700
angela1700 Posts: 31 Member
I did the first workout in Stage 2 today. Definitely more challenging! Two questions:

1. My wrists killed on the front squat push press. I had to move down to the smaller barbells because my wrists were killing. Is there a specific wrist technique that can help with that? My right wrist is still pretty sore over an hour after my workout. I want to at least be able to use the olympic bar considering how much progress I made with my squats in stage 1.

2. What exactly is the difference between the static lunge with rear leg raised and the split squat with rear leg raised? Is it just that on the squat the rear leg should be higher up?

Thank you in advance for your advice. :-)

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My wrist mobility limits me in the Front Squat Push Press, too. There is a whole thread here from a few weeks ago with lots of advice and information. :smile:

For the Bulgarian Split Squat, your foot will be higher (like on a bench) and the top of your foot will be resting on the bench.

For the Static Lunge with Rear Foot Elevated, your foot will be on a lower step (a step with one or two risers) and the bottom of your toes will be on the step, kind of like a runner in the starting blocks.
  • angela1700
    angela1700 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That makes sense, thank you. :-)