I made some recipes in the book!

Options
elg1982
elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
I don't mind cooking but I hate meal planning. I never know what to make. I would eat the same thing every week if I could, but my husband likes trying new things (and he loves cooking even more.)

We have been running out of ideas but I remembered there were a ton of recipes in the book, so we tried some, and they have all been awesome so far.

Ground Turkey Chili
This is excellent. We made it with black beans instead of kidney beans. Yum! It was a huge amount for just two people, but we like cooking once for a whole week so that was definitely a plus!

Orange Spiced Salmon
I like salmon, and this was extra delicious, highly recommended.

Poached halibut with herb-mustard sauce
We made the recipe but substituted Tilapia. It came out amazing. I'm not a huge seafood person, and tbh my favorite white fish recipes are fried, but this was SO good, I was surprised we made it in our kitchen.

What have you tried?

Replies

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I've made the Turkey Chili as well. :) It is tasty. However, I find it is better the next day because it has time to develop the flavors.

I've also made the Spicy Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya (love the crock pot!). That one is good as well. The first time I made it, I put in too much liquid and it was more like soup. However, I fixed that the second time around and it is much better! :)
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love the Turkey Chili. I should try the Jumbalaya. My husband doesn't like fish so I don't cook fish :(
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm most excited to try the protein pancakes, the protein smoothie with oats, banana and peanut butter (yum!), and the tuna salad with avocado, cucumber etc. etc.

I've been eating 0% fat greek yogurt with cashews, protein powder and raisins and it is really really good.
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I tried the tuna salad and it was awesome, also the protien oatmeal and the high fiber cereal, those were good too.