Tips for Insanity Newbies

Options
giusa
giusa Posts: 577 Member
I'm starting May 1st and wanted to know if anyone has any tips for newbies.

Have no idea what I'm getting myself into and it seems there are a few others out there who might be in the same situation.

Replies

• derrick800
    derrick800 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try to start insanity on Monday. Its best to start on Monday because the program is set for 6 days. You need to recover on Thursday because its alot on your joints. Dont give up, push, push , push, breathe, breathe, breathe, and dont give up. The first two weeks will be rough, but by the 3rd week and maybe by the end of the second week you will improve and build more endurance.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1st rule of insanity....DIG DEEP! Believe me...it's in there somewhere...LOL. But also go at your own pace until you get the hang of it. You don't have to feel like you need to keep up with Shaun T and the others. And just as @Derrick800 said...it's best to start on a Monday...the insanity calendar actually starts on a Monday. It's really tough at the beginning...but just bear with it...and it'll get better.
  • heathermerrill1
    heathermerrill1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you... started today with the Fit Test. I am going on a calendar month, so feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other!
  • swaldron13
    swaldron13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is ROUGH. But I'm sure it is sooo worth it. One thing to note is that if you are like me and are not used to jumping a lot... be ready for your hamstrings to be very sore. If you don't have a foam roller or "stick", I would get one, it reallly helps. It's fun though and the workouts are over before you know it :)

Also, let me know if you would like to order any of the shakeology or recovery drinks, etc. (I am a team beach body coach).
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm starting May 1st and wanted to know if anyone has any tips for newbies.

Have no idea what I'm getting myself into and it seems there are a few others out there who might be in the same situation.

I know it's been over a week since you've started but I just wanted to say to go at your own pace! Have you already figured that one out? :) How was your first week???
  • giusa
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause headaches after a workout?
    Not prone to headaches, so this is new to me...I'm eating, drinking tons of water, sooooo really lost on why...
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause headaches after a workout?
    Not prone to headaches, so this is new to me...I'm eating, drinking tons of water, sooooo really lost on why...

Holy cow! I experience the same thing! Sometimes worse than others. It sucks. I have NO idea why but I just drink tons more water than normal. I will ask around and do some research on this. I'll let you know if I find out anything. Just wanted to write that you're not alone here. Weird though, isn't it?
  • giusa
    Options
    I've asked several "fitness buff" coworkers and they told me it could be many factors (a lot of help that was!)...water, electrolytes, potassium, etc.

Someone suggested drinking a glass of orange juice after each workout...so I’m going to try that and go from there...