Well, something is working!

Options
Hurley1203
Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
I am doing Jillian's body revolution. I was not losing anything for weeks. I had lost some inches but no weight.
Started eating at my TDEE - 15% for the past couple weeks. Lost 2 lbs!!! And I am feeling like I get enough food, we can eat out if we want to and I don't worry about ordering something ridiculous to stay at 1200 calories.
So happy!
Now I lecture the people eating at 1200 calories. And I am an RN- I knew all this. Just took really understanding my body and my TDEE to see the light. :)

Replies

• teachmissg
    teachmissg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is super exciting! Keep it up.
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

Question though. What did you set your activity level at? 1-3 hrs light or 3-5 hrs moderate?

I'm also doing JMBR, and also have lost inches, but have bounced around the same 2 or 3 pounds for weeks. I have wised up and started eating more for the past 4 weeks, but no real changes (up or down) yet.

I don't have much to lose, so I'd like to stick to TDEE-15%, but if I chose the wrong setting I could be way off. JMBR is technically only 3 hours a week and while I'd consider it in the "moderate" category, I wonder if that doesn't skew the results too much. Just curious which one you used since we're in similar situations. Thanks!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    That is awesome!

Question though. What did you set your activity level at? 1-3 hrs light or 3-5 hrs moderate?

I'm also doing JMBR, and also have lost inches, but have bounced around the same 2 or 3 pounds for weeks. I have wised up and started eating more for the past 4 weeks, but no real changes (up or down) yet.

I don't have much to lose, so I'd like to stick to TDEE-15%, but if I chose the wrong setting I could be way off. JMBR is technically only 3 hours a week and while I'd consider it in the "moderate" category, I wonder if that doesn't skew the results too much. Just curious which one you used since we're in similar situations. Thanks!

Just an opinion, but once you get your exercise hours per week settled I would only cut 10% since you are so close to your goal weight. Obviously with a 10% cut you have to be pretty accurate on your food logging. You can also do a tweener number between lightly and moderately active.
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just an opinion, but once you get your exercise hours per week settled I would only cut 10% since you are so close to your goal weight. Obviously with a 10% cut you have to be pretty accurate on your food logging. You can also do a tweener number between lightly and moderately active.
    [/quote]

Good point :) I've been afraid to get to 10% because the margin is so narrow and I wasn't sure I had my settings right anyway. I like the idea of a tweener number because I just don't feel that Body Revolution fits into a category perfectly.