Needing help with tdee and loosing weight

Options
Hi there
I recently wrote a topic on this but obviously did not provide all information, sorry about that not quite sure what i was doing as this is my first post. I have not been loosing any weight and have tried everything. I originally started with the 1200 calories which mfp suggested and lost nothing. I then tried to figure out the tdee method and have only lost 4 lbs now in 95 days. I was hoping someone would be so kind as to tell me what they think i am doing wrong, and possibly give suggestions as well as how many calories you think i should be consuming daily to kick start my weight loss journey.
Thanking you in advance for any info
I am 55 years old, 5'5 and currently weigh 154lbbs, hoping to go down to 135, or 140 would even be nice.My current calorie intake is set at 1400 calories, I do use a food scale and measuring everything. Must admit i do have some cheat days but very few. I do have a thyroid issue but it is controlled by meds, so it is normal at all times. my carb intake is set at 140 grams, fat 47 grams and protein 105 grams, this is what mfp calculated
Sure hope this answers all questions in order to receive help
Oh and at my age no not breastfeeding. :)

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Could you unlock your food diary.

What is your activity level like - exercise and non exercise

What has your weight done, weekly if you have it, over the last 4 weeks

Do you log your cheat days?
  • cmulligan101
    Options
    Hello again.
    Well my weight has not changed in about 8 weeks. I actually gained a few pounds when i increased my calories to 1500 so then lowered them to 1400. My activity level is set at lightly active. I have now opened my diary.
    Thanking you for your quick response. :)
  • cmulligan101
    Options
    Hello Again, still waiting for some suggestions on my calorie intake!!!
  • cwood2002
    cwood2002 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
    SW: 147
    CW: 142.2
    GW: 125-130
    46 years old, 5'6'
    (no meds)

I'm having some issues too.
    I started at 1200 cals/day and lost a few (7) lbs - but I was STARVING. So, then calculated my TDEE and increased my calories to 1470. and now I've gained back 2.2 lbs. :noway:
    I have a desk job and do the normal running around acitvities - but not excercising... (tisk tisk)
    I only have a small amount of weight to lose - 15 more lbs.

I await the answer to your question, as I hope it will answer mine as well.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Bump
    46 years old, 5'6'
    (no meds)

I started at 1200 cals/day and lost a few (7) lbs - but I was STARVING. So, then calculated my TDEE and increased my calories to 1470. and now I've gained back 2.2 lbs. :noway:
    I have a desk job and do the normal running around acitvities - but not excercising... (tisk tisk)

^ I would suggest you make a new thread with your information as a lot of these situations don't have an answer that is directly transferable to someone else.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hello Again, still waiting for some suggestions on my calorie intake!!!

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

Could you let us know whether you log your cheat days as accurately as possible?

Also, what is your actual activity like.

Thanks
  • cwood2002
    cwood2002 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
    46 years old, 5'6'
    (no meds)

^ I would suggest you make a new thread with your information as a lot of these situations don't have an answer that is directly transferable to someone else.

Thanks - I'll do that.
  • cmulligan101
    Options
    Hello Again,
    I do add in my cheat days as actually as possible. I wouldn't say i really cheat that much other than the odd glass of wine on the weekend, and possibly when i eat out and cant calculate the calories to a tee, but do try and get as close as possible.

I unfortunately cant work out as much as i would like to due to back issues but i am on my feet all day at work and am up and down stairs all day long. The weather is finally starting to get a little nicer so intend on getting out more for walks. I do dance around to my tunes while doing housework, that must count for something right :) . I am just concerned that i am consuming to many calories and have just recently lowered them again to see what would happen but really would appreciate some advice so i am not yet again sabotaging my weight loss. 6lbs in 98 days is so discouraging.
    Thanking you in advance for any suggestions you could offer.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Retagging to get to the top.
  • cmulligan101
    Options
    Well it has been over a week now since i sent my first post and have not gotten any suggestions to my question, in that time i have gained yet another 2 lbs. This is very discouraging and am still patiently awaiting some kind of suggestions. I just keep getting tagged to the top and bumped but no response.:(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi! Sorry for the delay. We do this in our spare time and take the time to chat to each other about circumstances that are not straightforward. We will get to this as soon as we can.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    HI!

As your calories are pretty low at the moment, we are loathe to take your calories down. What we would suggest is to incorporate formal exercise into your routine, including strength training. There is evidence to support resistance training has a very positive impact for women as we hit menopause.

If you do not have access to a gym, then a resistance band workout would be great to start with. I gave some suggestions on this thread here that you could possibly follow: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/965500-need-help-planning-exercise.

You mention you have back issues - do these preclude you from doing these types of exercises?

With regard to your intake, as I say, I would leave your calories where they are for now at approx. 1,400, but would change your macros to:

Protein: 110g
    Fats: 55g

with the balance wherever you want based on your energy levels, satiety and adherence. Your current protein is averaging a little over 70g based on your diary. Your fats are pretty much at the level I suggest above.