Can I eat sweet potatoes while Paleo

Options
2»

Replies

• GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    this is great news! I knew that white potatoes weren't paleo but I wasnt sure about the sweet ones - those are the best ones! wooooo i know what i'm having with my grilled chicken and broccoli tonight :drinker:

Oh and i just read that cashews are a type of tree nut! Score for everyone who loves cashews!
  • JohnNull
    JohnNull Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are GO! DO IT!

To correct the poster above, cashews are NOT a legume. They are a nut. They are safe to eat, with the usual caveats as far as roasting and coating and such.

A quick reminder: If you're going to eat nuts, keep it to one handful a day, tops. With the shells still on if possible.

Indeed, they are nuts. Thank you for the correction. I could have sworn I read a credible source somehwere, at some point, that said they were legumes. This is good news, actually, since I like cashews quite a bit and had cut tem out entirely (I don't eat nuts very often anyway, so not a huge loss) because of hearing they were not nuts.

You're welcome. It is one of those topics that otherwise credible sources seem to get wrong often.