MEN....Is this true?

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    did anyone read the OP? she said there has been no hanky panky how is she a booty call?

There has been no hanky panky..... yet. Because they haven't had sex, there could be no way that he's trying to get into her pants?

Ideally, if two people are into each other, the goal is sex cause that's what the main difference between friendship and relationships is.

what if you have a friend that isn't trying to get into your pants and really trying to get to know you? lol.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    did anyone read the OP? she said there has been no hanky panky how is she a booty call?

There has been no hanky panky..... yet. Because they haven't had sex, there could be no way that he's trying to get into her pants?

Ideally, if two people are into each other, the goal is sex cause that's what the main difference between friendship and relationships is.

what if you have a friend that isn't trying to get into your pants and really trying to get to know you? lol.

.... then it's friendship.
  • nolachick
    Options

what if I want to get into his pants? lol. :bigsmile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

show him your boobs..he'll get the hint
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Nola, get his pants down to his ankles and let mother nature do the rest!!!! :laugh: :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Exactly. Make him aware of your boner. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!" Then when you boner together it's not friendship anymore.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I have been told before that if a man really wants a girl he will make the effort to see her, spend time with her, etc.

I have a "friend" that likes to pop in and out of my life. A text here and there and an occasional lunch date. He always wanted to hold hands and kiss. NO sex! We stopped talking for a while at one time and I met someone and started dating him. When that ended, the "friend" and I were friends again but he expressed that he was bothered by me dating someone else. I have told him that I care about him but have had no response in regard to that. Fast forward....

This "friend" now works out of town and we haven't seen each other in a month or better and have had the occasional "good morning" text etc. Now he is in town to visit his kids and I'm getting all of these texts with hearts and kissy faces. I'm "baby doll" and "sweety" all of a sudden!! I don't get it! Please help me understand..... Am I being used when it's convenient or does he really care about me? He doesn't communicate at all and I am not really sure what he is after. Are we friends or more?

Any insight from a guys point of view would be awesome? Thanks

P.S. Please go easy on me. I am still fairly new at this dating "game".

No, this is not true for me. If I feel she is not easily attainable, I don't even try. I'm apt to downplay my interest in this case. Most common reasons for this are that I don't see her enough to get to know her well, or she has a lot of guy friends, or she doesn't seem interested. Also, I'm at the point now where I've learned the secrets (which some guys never learn) about how to behave when you're first getting to know a woman, why some women appear "hotter" than others, etc. The answers to these questions have been quite refreshing and humbling, and I now realize I can't go after a girl just because I like her look. That is simply not a valid reason for being interested in a girl by itself, so I don't obsess over girls because of their look anymore. Unfortunately, most of the girls I like (the nice ones) and who like me and are good matches for me always seem to already have boyfriends. I don't like girls who are truly "badass" and mean. I will flirt if I really like a girl, but I don't play games, and hate it when girls do that to me.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This guy seems like he is out for sex. Its actually pretty common: the forced intimacy and pet names to get you to feel special. Its all a ploy to get you to sleep with him. If he wants to date you, he will.However, he seems to want to get you emotionally close, so you will sleep with him if the opportunity arise. That's why men do it by text rather than over the phone. I would not even invest a ounce of energy in this guy beyond friendship.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    This guy seems like he is out for sex. Its actually pretty common: the forced intimacy and pet names to get you to feel special. Its all a ploy to get you to sleep with him. If he wants to date you, he will.However, he seems to want to get you emotionally close, so you will sleep with him if the opportunity arise. That's why men do it by text rather than over the phone. I would not even invest a ounce of energy in this guy beyond friendship.
    You heard that, OP. Never ever have sex with a guy you like.

Especially if you're bad in bed.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I have been told before that if a man really wants a girl he will make the effort to see her, spend time with her, etc.

I have a "friend" that likes to pop in and out of my life. A text here and there and an occasional lunch date. He always wanted to hold hands and kiss. NO sex! We stopped talking for a while at one time and I met someone and started dating him. When that ended, the "friend" and I were friends again but he expressed that he was bothered by me dating someone else. I have told him that I care about him but have had no response in regard to that. Fast forward....

This "friend" now works out of town and we haven't seen each other in a month or better and have had the occasional "good morning" text etc. Now he is in town to visit his kids and I'm getting all of these texts with hearts and kissy faces. I'm "baby doll" and "sweety" all of a sudden!! I don't get it! Please help me understand..... Am I being used when it's convenient or does he really care about me? He doesn't communicate at all and I am not really sure what he is after. Are we friends or more?

No, this is not true for me. If I feel she is not easily attainable, I don't even try. I'm apt to downplay my interest in this case. Most common reasons for this are that I don't see her enough to get to know her well, or she has a lot of guy friends, or she doesn't seem interested. Also, I'm at the point now where I've learned the secrets (which some guys never learn) about how to behave when you're first getting to know a woman, why some women appear "hotter" than others, etc. The answers to these questions have been quite refreshing and humbling, and I now realize I can't go after a girl just because I like her look. That is simply not a valid reason for being interested in a girl by itself, so I don't obsess over girls because of their look anymore. Unfortunately, most of the girls I like (the nice ones) and who like me and are good matches for me always seem to already have boyfriends. I don't like girls who are truly "badass" and mean. I will flirt if I really like a girl, but I don't play games, and hate it when girls do that to me.

wait! are u real? and are you really a guy? I don't think I've ever heard a guy speak like this.

if you are, whoever you end up with is a lucky girl :)
  • nolachick
    Options

Exactly. Make him aware of your boner. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!" Then when you boner together it's not friendship anymore.

I haven't shown him my boobs...yet! but I think he knows I want to LOL.

ugh men!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

ugh men!

So hold on, I'll get this straight.

You have not communicated clearly to a person that you are into him, but you think me might know and the thing that you are complaining about is MEN!?
  • nolachick
    Options

ugh men!

So hold on, I'll get this straight.

You have not communicated clearly to a person that you are into him, but you think me might know and the thing that you are complaining about is MEN!?

oh he KNOWS! he just wants to take it slow, be friends first. I never thought I would say this but what the hell lol.
    when u want a sensitive guy all I got was *kitten*. now.... IDK! lol
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

So... if a guy acts like he likes you, then he just wants to get into you pants. He can't want a real relationship if he also wants sex. There's absolutely no chance he is shy and worried about asking you out because he is concerned about rejection. He sees you as a piece of meat and not a human.

Am I getting this right?
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    oh he KNOWS! he just wants to take it slow, be friends first. I never thought I would say this but what the hell lol.
    when u want a sensitive guy all I got was *kitten*. now.... IDK! lol

Eh, just show him your boobs and get it over with XD
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

So... if a guy acts like he likes you, then he just wants to get into you pants. He can't want a real relationship if he also wants sex. There's absolutely no chance he is shy and worried about asking you out because he is concerned about rejection. He sees you as a piece of meat and not a human.

Am I getting this right?

I think it means that if a guy really likes you, he will put effort in, not just randomly texting you. He'll plan dates, treat you, show you he wants to be seen with you in public, not be wishy-washy.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Am I getting this right?

I can confirm for the male species as I am male that this is true , to us women are just pieces of tasty meat that we want to sink our teeth into :laugh:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Am I getting this right?

I can confirm for the male species as I am male that this is true , to us women are just pieces of tasty meat that we want to sink our teeth into :laugh:
    With a pint or 2 of beer
  • tx_angel77
    tx_angel77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Thank you for the insight. I appreciate your honesty. You seem like a rare find to say the least. ;)
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options

^ And WHY are you still single?^

Sorry, OP. Sounds like he is hoping you will be a booty call. I agree with the person above who says to wait until he goes home, and see if things continue. Good luck!