May Chat

Options
13»

Replies

• walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The good news is that the engine exhaust part is about half of what my hubby estimated. And there is no bad news. It's wet this morning, but I will still get my walk in. The rest of the morning I will spend re-working the budget to fit in the engine work. Always enjoying life, despite it's little bumps. I could have lived in Moore, OK. God Bless Them and keep them.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Very wet in Oregon today....we decided to avoid the mountains thereby missing out on a visit to Crater Lake - but they were forecasting up to 5 inches of snow up there..... so good decision I think...... great beach walks the last two mornings ....... jeans button still fastening! :wink:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Howdy to you all. Can you believe it is Memorial Day weekend? I sure can't. Got here fast if you ask me. Do you all do anything this weekend? We stay home, I do not like to be on the road when all the other "idiots" are out there. To many drunks to suit me. I think I will just have a lazy type of weekend, maybe a BBQ on Monday. I would like to thank all our Veteran's for the sacrifices they make. Give a shout out to my late Dad who was in the Army Air Force and to my ex bro in law who was a Marine for 14 years!.
    So wishing you all a very safe and happy weekend.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    jeanrob--now you're going to places I've never been and I'm a little jealous. Glad you're enjoying your visit and that your jeans still button. Good work.

californiagirl--we're not doing anything special for the weekend; it kind of snuck up on me. We will have 1 grand daughter tomorrow afternoon and are getting ready to go help take care of 3 others next week. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Oh well, I'm glad I have the energy (maybe) and the time (definitely) and the health (for sure). Have a great, safe weekend.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    It is so moving to see all the small town/country graveyards as well as the towns themselves dressed out in American flags and flowers as we've been driving the back roads of NW Michigan this week. Happy Memorial Day everyone!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Have enjoyed a few days in Portland....... leaving today to our final stop - Seattle. We have both decided not to have any more desserts on our last three days - or wine....... maybe I will manage one of the two! Haha! :bigsmile:

I have bought the new US Weight Watchers magazine to get me back in the mood.....I jumped on some scales in one of the fitness rooms....I had done 20 minutes on the treadmill...... I have gained a few pounds ... but they will soon come off when I get home....... I will reset my weight and goals at the weekend and start again.......:smile:

Had a great time over here despite not great weather....it is pouring down here this morning as we head up to the mountains to Mt St Helens....

Have a good Memorial Day/ Bank holiday :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Have enjoyed a few days in Portland....... leaving today to our final stop - Seattle. We have both decided not to have any more desserts on our last three days - or wine....... maybe I will manage one of the two! Haha! :bigsmile:

I have bought the new US Weight Watchers magazine to get me back in the mood.....I jumped on some scales in one of the fitness rooms....I had done 20 minutes on the treadmill...... I have gained a few pounds ... but they will soon come off when I get home....... I will reset my weight and goals at the weekend and start again.......:smile:

Had a great time over here despite not great weather....it is pouring down here this morning as we head up to the mountains to Mt St Helens....

Jean,

So glad you have been having a good time. And, hey vacations are for gaining weight! I am sure once you are back home, you will be right back on track and will lose it right away. Wishing the rain would stop for you, but you are in the Pacific Northwest and it rains quite a bit there! Sorry.........but ya never know, it might give up for a bit. Enjoy the rest of the trip and have safe travels back home.

Marjie
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Good job we have been here before and seen the delights of the Cascade Mountains.......rained all day today - very heavy at times...I enjoyed Mount St Helens as always though the low cloud obscured the view....... so interesting and cool to see the vegetation is growing back after all this time....a truely amazing place!

Jean
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome tomy country. As my Aunt said: "The good old NorthWET". It has not rained all day yet this month, there is always a little time without falling water.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Woke up to a fine morning....going into Seattle ..... did an hour on the hotel treadmill last night but should get all my walking done in "real" places today......

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Options
    @Jean: Love Seattle. Thanks so much for posting about your trip. Walking outside is always so much better, especially when traveling :)

We put off going to Macinaw Island today as it is 50F with wind n rain, so decided to make this a down day :). We will be eating leftovers out of the fridge, going through piles of stuff and doing laundry. And I'm planning a nap for this afternoon too...love the sound of rain on the trailer's roof.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Well, we've arrived in Baton Rouge and are now with the DGC. I should be able to get a routine going now of exercise while hubby takes 2 of the kids to camp; the oldest (11) will be here with me but I'm sure he won't mind me exercising. Then it will be time for chores and maybe playing a little music since I brought my hammered dulcimer with us. Anyway, busy times ahead with lots of work, but lots of fun. Will be checking in periodically. Enjoy all your activities because I know I will.!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Setting off on the long journey home today........ it's 4 in the morning on Thursday here in Seattle and I will be home early on Friday afternoon....... hate this part of the trip....... jet lag and all......:ohwell:

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Setting off on the long journey home today........ it's 4 in the morning on Thursday here in Seattle and I will be home early on Friday afternoon....... hate this part of the trip....... jet lag and all......:ohwell:

Jean

Safe travels and glad you had a good trip even with the weather. Regarding jet lag, try Melatonin...really works for us.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Jeanmrob--have a safe trip home and glad you enjoyed your visit.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Jean, I hope you have a safe trip home. Glad you enjoyed your visit over here.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on this thread in awhile. Wooken, you are in my state!!! I live about 30 miles inland from Lake Michigan even with Muskegon.. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. Did you get to Mackinaw Island? I'm hoping to spend a few days there in September.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    I haven't been on this thread in awhile. Wooken, you are in my state!!! I live about 30 miles inland from Lake Michigan even with Muskegon.. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. Did you get to Mackinaw Island? I'm hoping to spend a few days there in September.

Bummer :noway: we stayed two nights at the KOA in Covert visiting the area before following the coastline North. And yes, we spent on very long day on Mackinaw Island. We were there the same day that Jeb Bush arrived to be the keynote speaker at some conference. Needless to say we really looked like tourist with everyone in power suits. I'm so glad those days are behind me...I love being retired :)
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Home Sweet Home.....will get weighed tomorrow morning to assess the damage and get back on track...... adjust my stats and off we go again!

Jean
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Glad you made it home and you have so many wonderful memories from your trip.