Clean for 3 weeks, little results

Options
SO instead of using our tax refund to buy nutri system or Medifast, I decided eating clean was the healthiest choice I could make. I bought the book, and stocked up. Luckily I don't work out of the home so I was able to take the time to read and figure out what the heck to eat, in what combination.... and google all kinds of new things I'd never heard of.

In 3 weeks i have lost maybe 3 pounds. I guess I thought it would come off faster considering the changes I have made. I work out 4 times a week... have for about 2 months now. I'm 39 I KNOW that is maybe a factor, but wtf.

When I post my food here... it shows me over calorie, but I think that is normal? I only do it from time to time to see how many calories a day of eating clean is..

I eat a combo of cooler 1 and 2 TO THE LETTER and I only eat grains or even complex carbs 3 -4 nights per week... the rest I have a lean protein and HUGE pile of greens sauteed and a salad w/ balsamic vinegar. Drink water ALL DAY LONG.

I haven't had any diet coke... i USED to eat before bed.. god forbid i be hungry at 9:30 pm.. NOW we eat around 5:30 or 6:30 depending... and before bed i have a cup of hot tea and maybe a couple pecans or almonds if i'm hungry.. this is huge for me HUGE and I guess I just thought I'd see faster results considering what I'm NOT doing anymore....

I won't stop eating clean, how can you possibly switch to a "diet" with fast results after eating so healthy.... i'm proud of what i'm eating... i don't have more energy, my skin isn't shinier... but I'm also not dropping pounds like I thought I would...

I'm 191 lbs....

Just don't quite get it...

bkfst
1/2 cup raw oatmeal cooked
add:
tsp flax
tsp wheat germ
1/2 scoop protein powder ( i do NOT NOT like eggs)
splash of almond milk
tsp or 2 of splenda ( i know it's not clean, but i have a HUGE bag and i'm using it till it's gone.)

snack 1
2% cottage cheese
1/2 mango

lunch
a lean protein (chicken or tilapia or shrimp)
2 cups greens with:
pecans
orange pieces
balsamic vinegar
and
4-5 slices of grilled up sweet potato

snack 2
protien shake mixed w/ water or almond milk depending on mood.

Dinner
lean protein
pile of veges sauteed in EVOO or steamed
salad w/ balsamic vinegar
IF i have something else it's a 1/2 cup whole grain pasta tossed w/ oil and tarragon vinegar and seasoning
OR
more slices of grilled sweet potato

BEFORE BED I have a cup of tea. w/ agave.

Thoughts?

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have found her menus to be a tad more calories than I like eat. I'd been using the family menu. It comes out to between 1500-1700 cals a day. I like to keep it around 1400. It just usually means I don't have the evening snack.

That being said do you exercise at all? I've found it to be almost more important than what I eat. I could lose 2 pounds a month and not change a single unhealthy thing I ate in the being. Exercising made me want to eat more healthy.
  • tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options

When I post my food here... it shows me over calorie, but I think that is normal? I only do it from time to time to see how many calories a day of eating clean is..

I have been eating clean for years and it is no protection from too many calories. I have resorted to MFP to track my calories in order to get the last of the chub off.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think you need to consistently track your calories. Even if something is super-clean, it can still set you over your calorie limit for the day. Track what you are eating for a week to see if you are taking in more calories than you burn. If you take in more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you take in your TDEE, you will maintain. You have to be below your TDEE to lose weight.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You have lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks! That is a sustainable change in your body! Lots of fad diets can have you dropping 3-5 lbs in a week--but the body likes to compensate, and easily gains it back! The route you have taken is like the little engine that could!...you just have to keep chugging along!

I know you want to finish that bag of splenda, but I am going to share something with you! Splenda is made up of one molecule of fructose, one of glucose, and 2 molecules of chlorine. This is not a combination found in nature! What most people don't know is that when ingested, chlorine is only 80% excreted--meaning your body is able to rid itself of 80% of what goes in. But....the other 20%?? It's bio accumulative.....meaning it remains in the body and accumulates. Chlorine is a carcinogen....cancer causing agent. YIKES! Not picking on you, not judging.....just having a moment!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You have lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks! That is a sustainable change in your body! Lots of fad diets can have you dropping 3-5 lbs in a week--but the body likes to compensate, and easily gains it back! The route you have taken is like the little engine that could!...you just have to keep chugging along!

^^This....

Sometimes it takes our bodies several weeks to catch up with our changes. Just hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options

^^This....

Sometimes it takes our bodies several weeks to catch up with our changes. Just hang in there! :flowerforyou:

Yes i agree with the other posters to just hang in there, it will happen. One pound per week weight loss is awesome!
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above. Maybe reduce your calories a little bit, get rid of the splenda (it's not a wasteful to just throw it away and your body will thank you). You're probably feeling better and just haven't noticed. I know that sounds strange, but if you went out and ate a big mac and fries, I promise you would feel yucky!

Also, your weight loss rate is excellent! Making the tweaks above may speed things up a bit, but don't let yourself get too hungry...a little hungry is okay. Think of food as fuel for your body and don't over fill the tank!

You're doing great! Keep it up!!

Lib :flowerforyou:
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I first switched to all clean foods I did the Food Matters 3 day juice detox and then a week after that I had colonics once a week for 3 weeks. This not only kicked off my weight loss but reset the clock as it were and flushed the toxins from the colon and bowel. I'd recommend trying one or both of these.

Don't lose heart, even if you aren't seeing results right now you will and your body will thank you!