New to Group

Options
911tiff
911tiff Posts: 14 Member
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi and that I am very new to all of this. MFP, this group and type 2. I was dx on march 15th with a BG of 552 and an A1C of 11.3
I have gotten my numbers down to under 100 most of the time and under 140 all the time with the help of diet and medication.

Im very excited to have found this group

Replies

• jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
    This group is very friendly, they'll all be along to say Hi !
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! It's so exciting that you are managing your BGs so well! Those are excellent numbers. You can tell that you've worked very hard to get them into the normal range, especially from where you were and in such a short amount of time! Truly commendable.

We have a fantastic group of people here, and you are most welcome.
  • Gbelk1
    Gbelk1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome. And if you are looking for friends you may add me.
  • claymic
    claymic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome

I am not new to MFP or diabetes, but I am new to this group and I am very new in wanting to sort my weight and diabetes :)

You are welcome to add me as a friend

take care
  • facilitators1334
    Options
    Add me. I would like friends who understand what it's like to live with diabetes
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You have made tremendous steps already. Congrats on your hard work. I am a type 2 diabetic for 7 years and have only recently (1/3/13) started to take my diet and exercise seriously. I am on insulin for control and since dropping some weight, my insulin need has been drastically reduced.

Feel free to add me as a friend. It is really good to surround yourself with others that are in a similar boat!

Nancy
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. You have done wonderful turning your numbers around. Especially coming from such high numbers to start with. Great job and keep up the fantastic work. I am a 23 year diabetic and always looking for improvements. Feel free to add me as a friend as we can all use encouragement and stregth from other diabetics.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

Great job on keeping your numbers down.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Great achievement in such a short time, and I wish you continued success. Way to go!

Welcome to the group!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you on board. Amazing turn around with those numbers...you must be working hard to find out what works for you. This is a great group with lots of good suggestions and discussions. So welcome!
  • 911tiff
    911tiff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone on here!