May Strength Training

Options
JRIV60
JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
I am so sorry for putting this thread up sooner. I did something awful to my shoulder and neck this weekend and was literally laid up for 2 days. :sad: I am putting my big girl panties on today and heading out to work.

Any who, we have tossed around a few ideas for this thread and hope to incorporate them all somehow. I will work on this today and will post something on here this evening.

xoxo,

Jo

Replies

• highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your shoulder. I am definitely ready for this strength training challenge!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I thought I would've been able to get to this last night but by the time I finished what I needed to do I was spent. I found an old spreadsheet that I put together last year with some strength training challenges by week that I plan on tweaking that this evening after work and posting on here.

Additionally, I downloaded an app on my Droid for squats and sit ups which I think will be nice once I get this shoulder better. I so want to do the squats but I am afraid of making it worse. We'll see how I feel after work today.

Sorry babes for not pulling this together for May 1st. :/

Jo
  • highmaintnance
    Options
    No problem. I joined the may squat challenge and a push up challenge. I'm not going to be able to keep up with all my challenges here soon!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Here is the spreadsheet I started - even though I posted a bit later than I anticipated. :grumble: I know most of us start the week challenges on a Sunday or Monday so even posting yesterday for May 1st would've been awkward.

Any who, I encourage you all to take a peek at it and see how week one looks. I have it broken up into Beginners-Intermediate-Advanced. You can follow it to a tee or mix and match, there is plenty of variety I think. I plan on doing my squats app (Squats Pro - its free) and my sit ups app (Sit Ups Pro - its free) and logging in my May Miles Walked.

I will post Week 2 on Sunday to catch up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApYGNHg3S0pldF9xUERESklucHpLQkNiMTd6ZExCSXc#gid=0

Jo
  • highmaintnance
    Options
    So, we are to do each of these things everyday for a week? For the intermediate, there's only seven exercises, not eight.

I'm still game, let's do this!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I`m in as well, will add these to all the other challenges that I am doing.
  • highmaintnance
    Options
    Did mine for the day.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Sorry about missing the 8th exercise in the intermediate. I swear I totally counted eight. lol :embarassed:

Here is the updated link -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApYGNHg3S0pldF9xUERESklucHpLQkNiMTd6ZExCSXc#gid=0

I did my Sit Ups Pro Test and Day 1 Reps after walking this evening. It was only 16 total sit ups but with my test I did a total of 42.

Oh I almost forgot, I did my squats last night beforeI showered. I was tired so it was brutal but I got my 70 in. :wink:

Jo
  • vabniullga
    vabniullga Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I accept the challenge! I will start as a beginner and work my way from there! Off to do my challenges now!
  • vabniullga
    vabniullga Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So, I did 10 push ups as well. I was on a roll I guess :blushing: . I have decided since I do not have steps at work and the only steps I have at home are my porch...I will park farther away at stores and such. It was the only other option I could think of :smile:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    So, I did 10 push ups as well. I was on a roll I guess :blushing: . I have decided since I do not have steps at work and the only steps I have at home are my porch...I will park farther away at stores and such. It was the only other option I could think of :smile:
    Great stuff!! I am hoping to get my *kitten* in gear today. :/ lol

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I was able to bag out a few exercises this evening after work -

Walked 37 minutes, did 24 sit ups, 39 squats and got my 8 glasses of H2O in today. That is more than I have been able to do in a long time (no me time usually). I really am going to focus on doing the intermediate set on Saturday when I know I can devote that hour without interruption.

Great job every one!

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Posted weeks 3 and 4. I thought I may as well get next week's done while I had the down time. :wink:

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I did not do do any strength training today. My legs are talking back to me today and letting me know how they feel. lol I think tomorrow will be more squats. :)

Jo