Post Day 1 Question

Options
emmycaitlin0304
emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
So yesterday was Day 1 for me. I have done all of these exercises before so I knew about what weight I should start at to challenge myself but to also be able to complete the reps. The whole thing only took me about 20 minutes which I think is normal, but I expected to be sore today and I'm not. So, even though I was working hard to complete all the reps, but not quite to failure, should I increase more next time?

Replies

• chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don't think judging your workout on how sore you are is totally accurate. You want to be able to do the required reps and not one more. the last 2 or 3 should make you struggle. It only takes me 20-30 for stage one.
    I pushed myself REALLY hard on monday. one of the moves I couldn't even finish the required reps (1 x15/ 1 x13- (lat pulldown, only increases by 15lbs which is so stupid) and I felt fine yesterday.
  • emmycaitlin0304
    emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good to know that you felt OK after yours. I guess maybe since I'm already used to these moves perhaps that's why. I did push myself though and those prone jackknifes were a killer!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I agree. and I'm clumsy. I fall off the ball every time. and the stretching/aerobics room is always SO full of people. I hope they try the move one day so they can understand that I'm not an idiot haha