Jillian Michaels Every Day in May :)

Options
eahouston
eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
A few months ago, I did a 30 Day Shred challenge. I was happy with my results and working out with Jillian each day, but I was just too bored doing the same workout so often to attempt a 30DS or RI30 challenge this month. So I'm just going to pick the Jillian DVD that suits my mood and what my body is craving each day :)

Today I did No More Trouble Zones.

Anyone else want to try this kind of laid-back but still kick-butt challenge with me? I'd love to add people as friends if we can motivate each other :-D

Replies

• belle19822000
    belle19822000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do that too!

I pick a DVD I believe will best suit my mood.

Did NMTZ today. I walked a lot today too! Fast pace, as usual. I will probably do it again in 2 days since I'm on mini-holiday and have more than 30 min to exercise! :laugh:

But I love my self too much to workout everyday. If I don't make a 1 day break in between I feel tired and cranky. Plus, it's very warm here for this time of year so I can incorporate plenty of "walking, fast pace" as sort of cardio exercise.
  • fnixrebrn
    fnixrebrn Posts: 27
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. I really like JM and have just bought Buns & Thighs and BFBM. I try and at least take a 1 day rest a week or I will not have the energy to do anything/get cranky.

I'm done with RI30 and 6W6P this week and am planning on doing Body Revolution, so that will be my workout with C210K for a couple of months.

Good luck... it is a good challenge and (as Jillian says) you will look ridiculous.
  • eahouston
    Options
    Ah I should have added, I'm going to do Yoga Meltdown at least 1 day each week as my Jillian video. I've actually gotten into a habit of doing at least something active each day (even if it's just yoga or a slow, long walk around town.) This is kind of how I do "rest days"- no weights and nothing really sweat-producing, but I just want to make sure I'm not laying around and doing something to keep my energy going throughout the evening. I guess I'll also reserve the right to swap a Jillian DVD with a long walk if that's how I'm feeling though hehe.

But whatever works for you- 5 days, 6 days a week, etc. :)

The weather here in South Korea is also lovely these days. I went on a little hike with some friends yesterday, and I am trying to get walks in as often as possible, before the humidity strikes :-O
  • belle19822000
    Options
    I did Yoga meltdown last year, but I was not in the shape I am today!!! I found it horrible then - too much stretching and too much abs! :sad:

But yesterday I found myself looking forward to scissors in NMTZ! And I grew to love stretching weeks ago, so I have to incorporate Yoga meltdown back to my routine!
  • eahouston
    Options
    I didn't know there was such a thing as too much stretching hahaha. Yoga Meltdown is one of the Jillian workouts I actually haven't tried yet, but I do enjoy yoga, so I'm hoping it's a good addition to the bunch :) Okay just got home for the evening (9:40 here in Korea) so once I change into my workout gear it's time for a little 30 Day Shred. I'm choosing shorter workouts on Thursdays since it's my busiest day.
  • fnixrebrn
    Options
    Let me know how you like Yoga meltdown.. I've thinking of getting that, I tried and like Pilates but I was falling asleep on some of the moves :laugh:

If there is a lot of stretching I might like that since my legs need stretching from all the running and I'm afraid I've been neglecting the stretching after my cool downs :ohwell: .

Belle, how do you like NMTZ? I heard it was good.. I bought the DVD, but not sure about the longer length. I'm used to the 30-35 mins workout from the other DVDs from JM.
  • eahouston
    Options
    I'll chime in- No More Trouble Zones is actually my favorite Jillian Michaels DVD! It actually doesn't seem too long, and it's chaptered if you don't have time to do all the circuits.

I'll let you know how I like the Yoga Meltdown once I try it (over the next couple days) :)
  • belle19822000
    Options
    I grew to love NMTz.
    I tried 30 DS - had good results, but I noticed that I was ready for more.

So I tried RI30. Hmmmmm... i just don't like it. Tried 6w6P - I love it!

Did her cardio banish fat, but not longer than 40 mins. Just can't keep up.

And then I gave NMTZ a try. For the last 3 months that's my favourite video. I do it 2 times a weeks, most of the time. It's hard, BUT, not like her 30 mins videos. You have time to breathe here. There is no tough cardio moves, just fast and hard regular legs/arms engaged moves. There is time to rest too, since the first part focuses more on the arms, and last 20 mins or so it focuses more on the legs. It includes overall exercises, yes, but you can feel one body part actually resting a bit, while doing some other exercise.

Give it a try on a weekday, and plan 1 day rest, since it is more demanding than other videos, but that's just for the few 2-3 times. It incorporates all the best moves from her 30 min sessions, and since it's not a cardio blast, You can get trough it.

My results are great! I take photos of my body in underwear only on every 3 weeks, an let me tell you, I look good! My stomach now is FLAT! FLAT!

I have never ever had such good looks, and felt strong and confident! I stated to wear skirts!!! and short dresses. :laugh:

the photo on my rpofile is from last year, and that shape I owe to 30 DS. I definetly have to change it, since I don't look liek that any more.
  • eahouston
    Options
    I'm totally with you, belle :) I find the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one is a little harder to keep up with because my endurance isn't the best, but I still enjoy it. And just last week I tried 6w6p Level 1 for the first time. It was great! I haven't even tried the 2nd level yet, but that DVD has the potential to be one of my favorites too. Loved how I felt that day and the day after.

So happy to hear about your flat stomach hehehe- an inspiration for sure. That's definitely one of my biggest problem areas :(

I think I'm going to do 6 Week 6 Pack for my video today :-D
  • fnixrebrn
    Options
    Cool! I'll have to try NMTZ next week. Maybe alternate this with BFBM.

I really like 6 week 6 pack, my stomach started getting flatter and have some definition. I'll have to take new pictures, since I finished RI30 and 6W6P this week.

The 2nd level on 6W6P is a lot harder than the 1st, but you will have a strong core and back at the end of the 6 weeks. I really like that video.

belle, congrats on the flat stomach :). I'm finding that my lower body (legs, thighs and buns) are tighter and stronger... just have to work on my upper body :laugh:
  • belle19822000
    Options
    Just took new photos of my back.... in underwear it looks good, but in this brown dress, my butt is HORRIBLE!

Be careful what you wear because your body is changing and stuff that looked good might not be right for you. Especially if it IS the same size!!

I think I'm underestimating my calorie burn and overestimating my eating :sad: :sad:
  • eahouston
    Options
    First day to crack 70 degrees this year in Korea (73 degrees) so I took a 5 mile walk this afternoon and decided to do a shorter Jillian workout that was more arm than leg focused today- Kickbox Fast Fix Level 1: Upper Body. I really worked up a sweat in just 20 minutes with this one!
  • belle19822000
    Options
    Did Banish Fat this morning. Only 4 circuits out of 7. I usually do 5 circuits, but it is so warm here, like summer. It's supposed to be spring!

And added lots of stretching too :wink:

I will probably do circuit 5, 6, 7 and maybe 4 next time I do cardio, since I've never done circuits 6 and 7. I always feel tired by the time I finish round 5.
  • eahouston
    Options
    I had planned on doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism yesterday as well, but I got home really late from an unexpected out of town funeral I had to go to after work. Decided on a shorter, easier Phase 1 workout from the Body Revolution set instead.

Good idea to mix and match circuits so it's like a new workout each time you do it :-D
  • fnixrebrn
    Options
    I did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism for the first time today and was able to do all the circuits. You guys are right.. the longer length is not that bad. I actually enjoyed it over the shorter workouts, I didn't feel like I was going to die and didn't want to kill Jillian :laugh:
    I found that after doing her other workouts (RI30, 30DS,6W6P) it was less impact for me and I was glad since my legs have been so heavy and tight. I'm sure it's because of the running and plyo workouts from JM. Bought a foam roller to help loosen them.

I will try No More Trouble Zones tomorrow after my run and will see how that goes.

Originally was going to do Body Revolution starting this week, but now will be alternating BFBM and NMTZ. I might get some of her other videos. Has anyone tried her new video.. Hard Body?
  • eahouston
    Options
    I know several years ago, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism used to kill me, but now I find it's not so bad. 45 minutes is usually my ideal workout length unless it's something pretty low impact (and then 60 minutes is good) or crazy HIIT stuff (~20 minutes) so maybe that's why I like NMTZ and BFBM :) I think the length of workouts generally matches the intensity. I want to push myself without killing myself haha.

I have read some mixed reviews of Hard Body online, so I'm still debating whether or not I want to get that one. I do have so many workouts that unless everyone seems to rave about something these days, I try to be a little bit pickier. If anyone has tried it, let us know what you think!

I might do a more formal rotation again some day, but this month by focusing on just Jillian workouts, I'm hoping to see which ones I really like and can compare them more easily :) I think alternating BFBM and NMTZ or doing a Body Revolution rotation would be great!
  • eahouston
    Options
    All right ladies (and gentlemen,) today's going to be one of those days I'm content with just a long walk. Walking to and from a coffee shop to meet friends for a long evening of board games ended up being over 4 miles. And now that it's after 11 PM and I still have homework to finish tonight, I think trying to squeeze in a workout video would be unwise since it's a busy day of teaching tomorrow :( Time to log off MFP and get to work!
  • eahouston
    Options
    Sigh, I'm really trying not to feel like a failure, since I started this challenge and all, but I kinda do.

The last three days have been really stressful/emotional between work, life, relationships, etc. I'm going to do a workout to help myself feel better (so I'm feeling good that that's the decision rather than turning to chocolate) but I just can't bring myself to do Jillian tonight. I just want a "feel good" workout with some good music and an encouraging instructor.

I know I'm not really a failure, since I'm still choosing to do something that will make me feel better. I think I'm just going to play it by ear this week so I don't feel forced to do a certain workout.

Hope you guys are having a good day :)
  • fnixrebrn
    Options
    Any kind of workout whether Jillian or just leisurely walking is a workout. If you have been busy/stressed then I wouldn't say you failed at your challenge. I think the whole point of this is to have a healthier lifestyle and you seem to be doing that. Food seems to be my enemy these past few weeks and I've been going over my calories, but I try and not sweat over it. If you're hungry, you're hungry lol :laugh: .

I know what you mean about having a "feel good" workout, for me when i'm stressed I run and try and forget all the problems. A workout is a workout. Take that time to focus on yourself and not anyone else :smile: .

So.. you're not a failure or failing at anything. Keep on moving!
  • fnixrebrn
    Options
    I did No More Trouble Zones yesterday and I see why it has such good reviews. They really work your Trouble Zones, My sides and upper body is SORE right now (which it hasn't been in a while). I tried to use 5 lbs weights, but my arms/shoulders couldn't handle them and went for 3 lbs. The ab exercises seem to hurt more than 6 week 6 pack (may be since they focus a lot on lower ab workouts, one of my weakest part).

I really like it and can feel the change (might see the change in a few weeks :wink: ). I really like this DVD and with BFBM, no doubt it will cause some changes to your body. I also ran ~3 miles with no walking, so I'm glad my endurance is better and it's the best it's ever been.