Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late to introductions, but am on Day 7. I'm 27 and live and work in Oakland. I gained about 25 pounds between September 2008 and September 2012 - partly due to being in a colder climate where I couldn't walk as much for two years during grad school, partly due to an old knee injury that acts up sometimes, and largely due to trying to split food 50/50 with my much taller/larger partner (without exercise, he can eat over 2000 cal/day to lose weight). Since last September, I've lost about 32 pounds, mostly just by eating less. Now that I'm closer to my final goal, I want to focus more on fitness.
  • jumpermuffin
    jumpermuffin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kalin and I'm sorry I'm a bit late to this group, but I'd like to start it after work today. I weighed about 228 six months ago and meant to lose a ton of weight by, well, May. I have been at 219 for a while now and not losing, not gaining, and not really making any changes at all. I decided to try and be more serious about it and have come back to MFP for the accountability and hopefully some community. I was 200lbs when I got pregnant with my son 2.5 years ago and would like to at least get back to that number, but obviously there is a bigger weight loss goal in mind further down the road.

I'm going through some grief due to my beloved gramma dying, but I want to spurn that grief into motivation. She would have wanted me to be healthier for myself and for my family. I hope to dedicate at least sticking to the 30 day shred to her.

Again, sorry I'm a few days late to the May Shred. :)
  • benska
    benska Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi! My name is Valencia and I just turned 51. After six (very) tumultuous years, I have put on a few lbs...went from 115 to just under 140. I think it was a combination of desk job, teenage child in serious trouble, a hysterectomy, quitting smoking & a divorce! Did I mention it's been a tumultuous six years? :smile: While I meant to start this on May 1, I actually wasn't able to get to it until May 5.

I am in shock from the amount of achey I experienced after just one day! Here I was, thinking I'd been getting in shape (had been going to a gym for one month previous to starting) and have also started swimming...then to realize I am one big marshmallow has been tough. I seriously could not bend down for at least two days! That is however, the only major pain that I have suffered. I went away for the weekend, so wasn't able to get back into it...although I did do enough manual labor to qualify as exercise. I may do a little bit of it tonight..perhaps just the ab stuff to start. I just don't want to injure myself to the point of not being able to do anything. I am a wimp.

I think I've seen it mentioned once before, but can't find it now. How do you all enter the exercise(s) here at MFP? I also overate this weekend so it would be nice to be able to chart the first day to counterbalance some of the excess of the weekend.

I will post measurements and a pic in the very near future.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Airportchick
    Airportchick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am starting level 1 tomorrow. I am also training fo rmy first 5k Memorial day weekend so tonight is a running day.

Since I have to be at work at 6:30 am, I will be doing this after work. I gained a ton of weight after I developed a massive blood clot in my leg. Actually, it grew all the way from my calf to my pelvis. The clot is gone but I have been using it as an excuse. I just turned 39 and decided that this is my year. I am going to lose 60 pounds this year!
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Please call me Kairi, I'm a 21 year old newlywed and my husband is 24. Today will be Day 3 Level 1 of the 30DS for me, and my husband just started doing it with me so it'll be his Day 2 Level 1!

I'm 5'7" and my highest weight ever was 218.6 (at the beginning of this year.) On a good day I'm 211 lbs. Lowest weight I have been in the past few years was 187. I have been overweight for almost my whole life.

My husband is 6'1.5" and about 184 lbs. He's been a slim guy for almost his whole life, he's just averaged out a bit since we got married and has gained 10-15 lbs. (: He's already a healthy weight but just wants to be fit, and we want to do the 30DS together!
  • animini123
    animini123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Im Annie ,35, mom of 2 years old. I wanna keep in shape n fit to keep up with my energetic toddler. I lost my fitness n strenght after my pregnancy. I was tired allthe time n easily get irritated. So, from April I started mission to get in shape. From May I started C25K n this 30Ds. After 7 day I feel much more energetic n confident. Hope we will finish 30ds with each others motivation. Keep moving.
  • yujinclara
    yujinclara Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Yujin, 38, married and living in Singapore.
    Today I completed level 1, day 7.
    I'm looking forward to moving up to level 2 this week.
    I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight but to get my body fat percentage down.
    I'm at 29% body fat now but would like to get to 22%.
    It's been only a week but I do find that I'm a lot firmer!
    Good luck everyone!
  • dpaddy591
    dpaddy591 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I am late to the group. I did D1L3 today. I work two full time jobs so it is sometimes hard for me to exercise every day. I started in April on L1 and it has taken me about 40 days to get to Level 3 so I must average every other day. I need to step it up. I really need to lose about 50 pounds, I am stating with the exercising and will hopefully work in the better eating.
  • sprocida
    sprocida Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys my name is Stacey. I am 25 years old and a full time registered nurse and just finished up completing my bachelor degree in nursing so between work and school full time it can be a little crazy. My current weight is 185.5lb and I am 5'9. I started at 205.5lb so I have lost 20lbs since I started my weight loss journey April 1st, 2013. My goal weight is 165-175. I'd be happy just hitting 175. I started the 30DS last week. I am up to Day 5 but took a few rest days, I try and do the workout on the days that I am off, it is hard doing it before or after my 12.5 hr shifts running around like a crazy person haha. I am trying to stick with it but all of a sudden like a lot of the reviews said my knees are starting to hurt really bad on the jumping moves (most of the cardio the jumping jacks, jump rope, etc.) so I took a few days off and will do some cardio at the gym instead. Trying to stay motivated, now that I am done with school for a little while I am really going to try my best to stay fit!!!!