Day 1

Options

Replies

• loraloha22
    loraloha22 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone just finished day 1. Wow I was covered in sweat! Great workout. I had to do the pushups on my knees so I would like to get to the point where I can do the regular ones. Other than that I finished without stopping!

I just told Jillian "I hate you!" once so not too bad I guess lol!

I also need to take my measurements today. Because last time I did this workout I lost a lot of inches.

Keep up the great work!
  • Pixelkitten
    Pixelkitten Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Completed level 2 - took less breaks, woo!
    Think I'm going to be hurting more tomorrow, definitely pushed harder today

Someone asked about dieting, I'm having 1200 cals and then sometimes having the extra 150 or so from the 30DS if I really feel I need them

What is everyone else doing food wise?

1200 calories/day for me as well. It isn't too bad actually. With some healthy snacking, breakfast and lunch I was even able to eat two PaPa Johns slices yesterday. hehe. Not the healthiest thing I could have for dinner but I still didn't go over. Cutting out soda REAAAAALLLYYYY Helped.

That being said, I'm still really torn on the diet soda debate. good or bad for you?
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 2 in the books. It seemed a little easier than yesterday, but man are my arms tired.
  • wendyrap2
    wendyrap2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    es mi dia 1 tambien!!! gran rutina!! la hice en la mañana y creo ke la volvere a hacer por la noche!!!! quiero que este peso extra desaparezca ya!!!!!
  • ashme579
    ashme579 Posts: 21
    Options
    holy crap....hooooooly crap. Im sitting here drenched in sweat, trying to catch my breath. I knew I was out of shape but DAMN I didn't know it was THAT bad hahaha. That was AWESOME!!!! I've never ever felt such an affect from a DVD. Oh my goodness...Now I just hope I can keep this up. But I'm sure with all you guys and this group I can keep at it. SHOWER TIME
  • jessielynn25
    Options
    well goes nothing...getting ready to do day 2..just got done with day 1 of the squat challenge so my legs are feeling it =\ ugh lol oh well...hopefully the end result is worth it =)
  • dolphingrl2481
    dolphingrl2481 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Finished day 9 level 1. Still making me work up a sweat. A little scared to start level 2 but gonna stick to this.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 complete. Did it after doing a personal training session so I was a bit tired already.
  • AlFreebs
    AlFreebs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Completed level 2 - took less breaks, woo!
    Think I'm going to be hurting more tomorrow, definitely pushed harder today

Someone asked about dieting, I'm having 1200 cals and then sometimes having the extra 150 or so from the 30DS if I really feel I need them

What is everyone else doing food wise?

1200 calories/day for me as well. It isn't too bad actually. With some healthy snacking, breakfast and lunch I was even able to eat two PaPa Johns slices yesterday. hehe. Not the healthiest thing I could have for dinner but I still didn't go over. Cutting out soda REAAAAALLLYYYY Helped.

That being said, I'm still really torn on the diet soda debate. good or bad for you?

Some experts believe that diet soda is actually worse for you than regular, thanks to the aspartame. This article breaks down 6 reasons to give it up: http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2012/07/31/do-you-have-a-dirty-little-dietary-secret-and-is-it-called-diet-coke/ .

Two years ago, I was a 2-32oz a day diet soda drinker. I thought I needed the caffeine to keep me going and "it was fine because it was diet". Finally, after doing more research on the effects of aspartame and the link to cancer, I decided to quit it cold turkey. Honestly, that was a harder habit to kick than smoking! I switched to drinking LOTS of water, coffee, and iced (NON SWEET) tea and, thus, whitening my teeth more. :)

If you want a truly healthy lifestyle, kick the soda. You'll feel a difference.
  • snorry
    snorry Posts: 9
    Options
    I finished day 2 of level 1 last night. I pushed myself a lot harder than I had been and I can definitely tell the difference today. I felt great while doing it and was a sweaty mess!! I am actually for the first time ever looking forward to working out tonight!!
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 5 of Level 1. I read somewhere that it burns approximately 250 calories. So I created an entry for it in Cardiovascular. "30 day shred level 1" You can probably find it there. That's what I'm logging until I get a heart rate monitor.
  • Melaney1
    Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3. Still hard for me but I'm not giving up.
    Thanks guys for the support. Have a nice week end.
  • Siobhan1983
    Siobhan1983 Posts: 24
    Options
    Finished Day 1 yesterday with my sister, ouch! I am so outta shape, not as bad as her "banish fat boost metabolism" DVD though, which I could not even get thru 5 minutes of. I think I'll start that one when I'm done 30 days of the Shred :)
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    well goes nothing...getting ready to do day 2..just got done with day 1 of the squat challenge so my legs are feeling it =\ ugh lol oh well...hopefully the end result is worth it =)

Keep up with the squat challenge... I just finished it and it really does seem to make my butt and thihgs look better :)

Great job everyone!
  • Siobhan1983
    Siobhan1983 Posts: 24
    Options
    Day one complete! I almost didn't bother doing it last night, but I'm glad I did.
    Today though...my legs are killing me!!

As a previous poster said: I think stretching more afterwards would be a good idea. There isn't enough stretching in the video after the workout.

Totally agree. Going to do my own stretches afterwards.
  • dolphingrl2481
    dolphingrl2481 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I finished level one day 10 Friday. im taking a break today but will start level 2 sunday. I hope I can make it through without dying lol.
  • Airportchick
    Airportchick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Tuesday May 7th. Is that too late to join?

I was going to start tomorrow, but I'll start tonight so we can do this together.
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I too started today. Started late but hope to finish it successfully.
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Also started today and just about got through it - hate the skipping but don't mind the jumping jacks (not sure why....). Sweating and shaking by the end but glad I did it, set it up so can do it again tomorrow - preparing for the pain others keep warning about :)

Day 1 done - bring on tomorrow!
  • luv86elle
    luv86elle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over with the shred, did get to L3. I did it consistently for x2 weeks in April but stopped. Completed L1D1 and it's as if I never started the shred before because L1 is kicked my butt! Just remember you are allowed rest days...just not resting a week like I did :wink:

This is exactly what I did, except I got halfway through level 2, but rested cuz my knees hurt.

Anywhooo Level 1, Day 1 starts tonight....AGAIN!