What do you do for exercise?

Options
Open ended question time!
I have lost some weight, but want to add some sort of fitness routine to help my muscle mass, lose faster, and look better. What do you do for fitness while you eat keto? I'd rather not join a gym in an effort to save money.

Replies

• RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell workouts (Pavel's Enter the Kettlebell in conjunction with DiLuggio's ETK program book])

Bodyweight conditioning (Paul Wade's Convict Conditioning)

All the above books can be found for free in eBook format.

Kettlebells are great for cardio (swings) and strength (presses, squats, etc). The bodyweight stuff just gets what the kettlebells don't.
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I prefer working out at home while watching TV. I bought a treadmill off Amazon for $600. I have a cool Bowflex dumb bell set up. And then I have some resistance bands. That's all the equipment. Here's what I do:

*Run on the treadmill 3-4 times a week (I do some HIIT workouts as well as some long runs)
    *Brazilian Butt Lift (for sculpting my lower half)
    *P90X (I do Plyo once a week and then some arm workouts here and there)
    *Ripped in 30 (I do this 3-4 times a week; I'm on my third round)

I also try to do one intense workout outdoors every weekend. Snoeshoeing or hiking, depending on the weather.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Walk (2 miles at a speed of approx 3-4mph): 4-5 times per week
    Walk (5 miles at a speed of approx 3-4mph): 1x per week (Sat or Sun)
    P90X Yoga (30-45min): 1-2x per week
    Tai Chi (30 min): 1-2x per week
    Resistance bands: 3-4x per week

Starting today, I will also include the following challenges:
    200 situps challenge
    100 pushups challenge
    200 squats challenge
    150 dips challenge
    The challenge info can be found here: http://www.twohundredsquats.com/complete.html

I've done the challenges before and its amazing how much you progress by the end of the 6 weeks.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I do everything. I like to go to the gym and try out machines I've never sat on before. Pull ups, rowing, butterfly lat thingies, lunges, squats, biceps, triceps, torso rotation, crunches, stair steppers... but my favorite is just running 10k or doing the elliptical for an hour... and then relaxing in the pool and hot tub and pool and steam room. :)
  • bushiwodemingzi
    bushiwodemingzi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    M/W/F - There is a beginner weight lifting program on bodybuilding.com that I've been following; really enjoying so far (3 weeks in). Once I get some improvements, I'll try to find something a bit more intense and to work on other muscle groups.

Every day - During my lunch period I walk around the harbor for about 45 minutes to get some fresh air and stretch my legs.
  • OUFan70
    OUFan70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just started exercising this week. I walk daily for as long as i can (which isn't much yet haha) then I'll do some bodyweight squats and butterfly kicks
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Crossfit 3-4 x per week.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Speed walking
    Run/walk intervals on treadmill
    Samba dancing

I also workout at home doing....
    Zumba (dvds and Wii)
    EA Sports Active for the Wiii

Going to be starting kettle bell workouts soon.
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have 0 attention span and get bored easily. I was doing kettlebells for awhile, but hurt my lower back, so taking a break from them. For 2 weeks I did the Supreme 90 (which is very similar to P90x, but each workout is 30 minutes long). I was doing kickboxing when I was doing kettlebells.

Because I hurt my lower back (and it's all muscular injury), I've been doing a lot of stretching and yoga again. Today, I did a Jessica Smith workout (found it on OnDemand sports channel - Sportskool) which was cardio abs (high impact workout combined with kickboxing) and stretching and some yoga. I like to start my day with a 20 minute yoga workout and end my day with a 10 minute stretch (this helps me sleep and eases the pain in my back). I'll also go out and cut my grass today.

I have a TON of videos that I use and switch between. I'll also find workouts on OnDemand and on Roku and try various ones.

I think I'm an ADD workout person.
  • RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    M/W/F - Weight Lifting - Currently in week 8 of Stronglifts 5x5 program. i really love this program and recomend it to anyone who wnats to get into heavy lifting.

T/Th Mornings - Cardio - C25K program or just running on the track at the gym

Sun/Th Evenings - 1 hour sesson with trainer at the gym. Typically a combination of circuit training to include Cardio/Strength/Resistance/Stretching

Sat - Rest day - Spend time in the hot tub, or depending on the season helping my daughter with what ever sport she is involved in. Currently I am coaching her 12under softball team so spend a lot of time at the field for games/practices and at the batting cages.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    M/W/F - 5 miles 3.5-3.8mph, and includes C25K training
    3x per week I do Stronglifts.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Lift weights 2/3x a week hiit train 1/2 x a week and run3 x a week
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    AllPros Sunday (Avoid the Crowds) / Tuesday / Thursday

Cardio 6 days a week, all mostly LISS averaging around 5 mph when combining running and jogging. Burning 300-500 calories a day.

Rest Day: Friday