HEY 300+..Daily Discussions??

Options
tamrod2
tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
Hello, I see that there have been many topics going back over a year with not recent posts. If anyone wants to just check in daily to say HI or Get Encouragement. feel free to post something HERE. I know there are a lot of members that fall under the 300+..LETS KEEP THE SUPPORT GOING:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    As a perennial 300+ member, you can pretty much guarantee I'll be around!
  • tamrod2
    Options
    ME too!! MFP has been a life saver!!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    *Waves* Sounds good to me.
  • tamrod2
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good week! One thing I need to work on is my sodium intake! I can't believe how much sodium is in Restaraunt Foods!! Anyone have any good tips to flush out too much sodium?
  • KiltFuPanda
    Options
    Three things - drop the sodium intake, drink lots of water, and sweat lots of water!

There's not a way to "flush" out excess salt - your body will just hold onto more water to compensate. That's why a little bit of salt one day translates to a pound or two of water weight the next.

You can, however, force your body to naturally get rid of more salt by getting it to get rid of water through sweat and urine. Both of these have some salt in them as a standard, so the more you sweat, the more salt you're getting rid of. However, your body won't sweat efficiently if you don't have enough water to start with.

To clear your system of excess salt like this takes about a week, but you'll feel a lot better by the end of the week, and a bit lighter (I've dropped 10-15 lbs in a week just getting rid of salt and water weight). But that weight'll come back as soon as you've got excess salt again.
  • tamrod2
    Options
    Thanks for the info...so how much water where you drinking a day to do this?
  • KiltFuPanda
    Options
    About 80-100 oz a day on average (I have a 20 oz glass that I drain about 4-5 times during the day).
  • mlidge
    mlidge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Man I really need to drink more water. Somehow I just forget until I suddenly see my water glass and realize, oh duh that's why I'm so thirsty. I think a lot of it is having to learn to listen to my body better and having it nearby so I can see it, but does anyone else have advice for remembering to drink water?
  • tamrod2
    Options
    I find that if I put crushed ice in my cup, it is easier to drink more:happy:
  • mlidge
    mlidge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do love cold water, but my teeth are really sensitive so having ice in the cup doesn't work out. I'm almost thinking of making a calendar event every so often to remind me.
  • tamrod2
    Options
    I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend:flowerforyou:
  • herblackwings39
    Options
    Yay Friday! One more day of work then I get a day off! Have a lovely weekend!
  • tamrod2
    Options
    Great weekend so far!! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • herblackwings39
    Options
    Tomorrow we're going out for a belated birthday celebration for my son. We're having Mexican at Margarita's Grill and a showing of Iron Man 3. I suppose it's a combined birthday/cinco de mayo ...possibly with a margarita.
  • herblackwings39
    Options
    Okay so no belated birthday celebration with yummy mexican food or Iron Man 3. Worked needed me to cover so I went in from 1-7. :( The hours/money are welcome though so I guess it's okay. We should be able to see the movie on Tuesday night minus the mexican meal. Maybe I'll make tamales this week....hmmmm.

Hope everyone is relaxed from the weekend and all fired up for the work week!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    work week is continuous for me...but I do love Mondays!
  • KiltFuPanda
    Options
    After a weekend of just doing stuff around the house, a good hefty breakfast today, and a good night's sleep, I am full of energy today.

I guess it's gonna be a big lifting day at the gym!
  • herblackwings39
    Options
    If work calls tomorrow I am so not answering the phone...looks like Tuesday is our only day open that we can all agree on to go see the movie. *Fingers crossed*
  • herblackwings39
    Options
    The weather was great today. I took my son to get a hair cut and spent about an hour walking around town waiting for his appointment. I managed to get into a pair of size 22 pants although I wouldn't actually wear them in public, and the movie was awesome. Hope everyone had a good day.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, look how many people posted! I was surprised!

As to water, what I do is chug 60 ounces in the morning, before I eat. Its more of the getting it out of the way mentality. Then I drink another 40 at work, I add flavor---that helps.

Beautiful here in the midwest today, 72 and blue skies!

Alana