APRIL: End-of-Month-Report - 7 months into Venus!

Options
Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
Hello!

Happy to report the things that I learned, this month, at Venus:

1. POSING MATTERS. Posing matters. NEVER doubt this. Posing is WHERE IT IS AT! To be honest, from the VERY beginning, I felt it was QUITE "dishonest", or perhaps "non-transparent" is a better way of putting it, that 'transformations' involved:

a. a picture at the beginning where poor, haggard woman snaps bad photo and submits it; and
b. a picture at the end, after HARD (weight) work and CALORIE deficit, with hair done, make-up done, tanning, and POSING.

Well, here I am, being UBER-transparent that my LAST pic, on this blog was my FIRST attempt at a "pose". (I picked up my bedside copy of "Oxygen" magazine and I picked out a pose I liked and said to husband: "snap a pic of me in this pose" - and he DID!)

2. CLOTHING MATTERS! Intuitively, I *thought* this was true, but now I have the PROOF. All I did, for the photos I took this morning, was to FOLD-DOWN the top of my bikini bottoms. TA-DAAAAAAAAA!! There is NO doubt that now, where that fabric crosses my body, is MORE forgiving than an entire band pressing into my (fat) flesh and having (fat) flesh bubble over the top.

I am even *MORE* convinced that I need to have my "colours" done....that I need to invest in a "stylist" to tell me what clothes I should wear. Despite my (10-year-old) daughter telling me having "colours" done is "so 80's...", I'm GOING TO DO IT! And, I'm going to also have a stylist help me choose "styles" that will hi-lite the good parts of my body and disguise the rest. (Cap sleeves, by the way, are THE BOMB for great shoulders! I'm wearing a cap-sleeved T-shirt, today, and my shoulders look, seriously, right out of a fitness-model-mag!

3. DXA's MATTER! Not sure why I put this in here, because it is *not* an April learning, but, I PROMISED myself that I'd get a DEXA scan done when I was at Venus, and now that I'm PERFECT on shoulders, 0.5" away at waist, and 2" away at hips, it seems like it is ON THE HORIZON. Hopefully by end of May. Hopefully.

But, the MOST important thing that I learned this month, (and it became particularly OBVIOUS TO ALL as the VT7 Transformation winners were announced...) is this:

BEING AT VENUS COMMUNITY MATTERS!! I've been weight-lifting for LONGER than the time I've spent at this forum. I've been "watching what I eat" for LONGER than the time that I've spend at this forum. But, it is THIS COMMUNITY which makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the success I have had and the learnings I now hold dear.

And, for the price of admission, all I have to do is ASK a question and SOME Venus will answer! It is C-R-A-Z-Y how helpful the women on this forum are! I ask inane questions, I ask lots of questions, I ask repetitive questions - no matter - YOU ANSWER!

On what other INTERNET forum can you possibly learn ALL OF THESE THINGS, just by the "asking":

1. string bikinis look good on pears;
2. women who have 8 kids can still have AWESOME abs;
3. penis pointers don't point to a woman's penis...
4. the scale is a bi-atch; and
5. kelley has pancake boobs (right now, she does - ASK HER!)

I LOVE YOU WOMEN. I love you sooooooooooooo much that, in real life, I BRAG ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME! I NEVER brag about any of my real-life friends, but I BRAG about my VENUS FRIENDS, all the time.

YOU ALL ROCK MY WORLD AND I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL.

Here's to "make it happen May" - Jenn and Z, we'll see you at the end, baby!

EndofApr20137monthsslide1_zpsb5642ae4.jpg

EndofApr20137monthsslide2_zps1886f3e5.jpg

]EndofApr20137monthsslide3_zpsfb48d7de.jpg

Replies

• CynthiaWinnie
    Options
    Beeps,
    Your pix are great! You said alot of things that were great. I hated the posing. I am not a bikini and heels kinda a girl. That is why my photos are done professionally and no heels. But it is all about how you feel. I could care less if I placed or not. Never did a contest before. But I am in a size 6 skinny jeans instead of a size 20 sweat pants. Keep up your great work. I love the Venus Community as well.