61 and decided it is Time to live

nancyalexand
nancyalexand Posts: 10 Member
:drinker: I have diabetis,degenitive disk disease ,and plus in 2009 I had a wreck so I have steel plate in lower back.I have a cage in my neck ,rods going down my upper back and a steel plate in one foot.Everyone kept saying I couldn't do this and I couldn't do that so I was ready to accept it.Thanks to the Silver Sneakers Club and my Friends at Anytime Fitness I started eating healthy exercising and losing lbs.and inches.I feel great also.The most important person I thank though is God.

Replies

• chickadee5380
    chickadee5380 Posts: 1 Member
    Way to go!! I just turned 60 and realized that I need to start living a healthier lifestyle so that I feel better and can keep going for years to come!

And God is there to help us along the journey! :flowerforyou:
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    That is quite an accomplishment, congratulations!!! I think when you have challenges you just gotta reach down and pull from that inner self. Keep up the good work, after 60 it is tough to lose but can be done. Thanks for sharing.
  • Shirlann46
    Shirlann46 Posts: 430 Member
    Good for you. Keep up the Good Work to take care of yourself. I belong to Anytime Fitness and they are GREAT!!!
    We have so many Disabled Members and they are Marvelous with them. It is so nice to see them at the Gym not wasting away in their Wheelchairs.
    I Applaud you for not giving up!!! Keep up the Good Work!!!