Looking for BodyMedia Fit Friends :)

Options
hockeygrl15
hockeygrl15 Posts: 12 Member
Hi,

I'm supposed to get my BMF in the mail today or tomorrow. I'm looking for friends that use BMF so that I have people on my friends list who are logging exercise the same way I am (My impression is that it just adjusts your calorie count but doesn't actually show up as a specific exercise).

Thanks!

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I just got my BMF last Friday...loving it...look for an "add"
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine for about 3 weeks now and have finally been able to drop a couple of pounds that I've been gaining & losing over & over again. :-) Hoping that being more cognizant of both my calorie burn and my intake (I even bought a food scale) will keep this going in the right direction.
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Looking for Bodymedia friends :)

been using mine 3 weeks now. previously had a bodybugg.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I actually don't always keep the BM adjustment. This site tends to upload the BM activity once and so I'm always adding my evening exercise in later. Now, I'm sometimes just putting 1 cal down for the exercise and just recoding the minutes. That way, this site doesn's skew the calories with that 'eat the calories back' measurement it pulls.
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I also recently got a Body Media armband and am looking for friends. I have been using MFP for a few years now and am excited that I can log my food here and it uploads to the Body Media site. I took awhile to get all of the info in on the foods that I eat the most and it would be aweful to have to start over.
    Add me:smile:
    Debbie
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    u u can add me
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have had my BMF since February 2012. Lost what I wanted to lose and now using for maintenance. I don't currently have my accounts linked, but relinking June 1 for convenience this summer. Feel free to add me.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    daily bfm user and waiting on the core2 in aug/sept this year. google and youtube search..optional heart strap and waterproof

feel free to add me.. i have it linked to MFP and earndit.com
  • wanderer2222
    Options
    Just got started using Body Media Fit and love it so far. Went camping for a week so didn't make much progress week 1 (not very easy to eat healthy when you don't have access to fresh stuff!), but back at it now. Anybody using BMF feel free to add me as friend!
  • Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there savvy about the BM Link, I just got mine and am pretty psyched! I'd love to add some people who can keep me motivated with their progress using it and also to answer questions. Thanks!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a month and-a-half and am pleased with the results of integrating BMF with MFP. This is a step up from what I had been doing previously using a heart rate monitor and a spreadsheet. And much easier.
  • zephyrq
    zephyrq Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Currently using BMF with MFP anyone who wants to is welcome to add me.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Started using BMF Link in April. Love it! I even bought a few fashion bands :-P
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Anyone may add me. Using BMF for 9 weeks now. Started on day 3 of my MFP journey. Only take it off for showers and occasionally when sleeping. One of the best investments I've made so far.

I purchased the largest size arm band and funny thing is after 9 weeks the regular size one that the MFP came with keeps sliding down at it's loosest adjustment. Previously it was very snug, maybe too snug.

I like that the arm bands have cheap shipping.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have had the BodyMedia LINK for a little over a month, and I love it.

JoJo it right, the armbands loosen up over time, and I am planning on ordering an extra or two.

The biggest lesson I've learned is that I have been logging far too many calories burned for my typical workout -- but this is more than made up for the fact that I am seeing how many "extra" calories are burned just getting up off my butt. It keeps me motivated all day long, not just for workouts.
  • Spresto2
    Options
    Yes, I've had mine only a week and I had been seriously overestimating the calories expended for all my different workouts: jogging, aerobics, walks, biking...I would wear a polar HRM and when I got to my computer I would input my activity and the amt. the HRM had read...turns out...this was not accurate and I was giving myself way too many exercise credits. For those who "eat back" this would seriously cause issues. Especially if you don't get a lot of other activities in your day to offset it...activities that you don't input, that is.

I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in for once. I've been putting in every morsel and making sure to keep a deficit of 500-1500 daily so that I average around 1000 a day by end of week. :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've had mine only a week and I had been seriously overestimating the calories expended for all my different workouts: jogging, aerobics, walks, biking...I would wear a polar HRM and when I got to my computer I would input my activity and the amt. the HRM had read...turns out...this was not accurate and I was giving myself way too many exercise credits. For those who "eat back" this would seriously cause issues. Especially if you don't get a lot of other activities in your day to offset it...activities that you don't input, that is.

I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in for once. I've been putting in every morsel and making sure to keep a deficit of 500-1500 daily so that I average around 1000 a day by end of week. :)

What makes you think it's the HRM which is wrong? What type of exercise are you doing.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    For the most part the BMF is great. I do roll my eyes when I'm climbing hills on my bicycle in the Sierra Nevada at 175 heart rate (Which is high for a 50 year old) and it says I'm working about as hard as when I walk my dog. But that's okay, most of the rest of the time it's pretty good. And it's way better than the spreadsheet I was keeping manually before...
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kendall and I wear my band allll the time. I've recently re-dedicated myself to weight loss and I hope using these forums will help!
  • Spresto2
    Options
    For the most part the BMF is great. I do roll my eyes when I'm climbing hills on my bicycle in the Sierra Nevada at 175 heart rate (Which is high for a 50 year old) and it says I'm working about as hard as when I walk my dog. But that's okay, most of the rest of the time it's pretty good. And it's way better than the spreadsheet I was keeping manually before...

WHY does it do that though?! I don't understand how it works well enough yet to understand how it is accurate most of the time and then not during activities like the one you described here. Can someone explain a little more to me about when the BM is counting calorie burn accurately and when not? Which activities does it seem to "like" and WHY IS THAT!? I am "ok" with is underestimating though (if I had to choose between it being generous or stingy, I like stingy) because my former HRM's all grossly overestimated. Anyone add me, I very much enjoy seeing all the pounds lost weekly by those who use this system...it is super motivating for me to maintain my lovely "deficit".