Starting today!

Options
lodicox7
lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
Hi all!

I will be starting the new rules program today and I'm extremely excited! I'm 5'10" and around 165. I wear a size 12L. When I started MFP I weighed almost 190 pounds and was a size 14L. Since then I have counted calories and completed the C25K program. Running has become a new favorite hobby of mine.

I feel really good about what I've been able to accomplish and maintain, but I have seen a significant weight loss plateau and I'm tired of feeling frustrated by that. My ideal weight would be around 150-155, so I'm not that far off, and at this point I just want to work on increasing my strength and losing body fat. Weight is just a number, right? :)

Anyway, I'd love to add some friends who are just starting the program as well to have some extra motivation! Feel free to add me if you like! Also I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for high protein meals or snacks. Thanks!!

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i just started yesterday! i am loving it so far!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    For high protein snack ideas, try a shake made with trutein protein powder (it actually tastes good!), fage 0% plain greek yogurt (tons of protein in this alone!), a handful of spinach (lots of good vitamins!) and whatever other fruit you like, i usually do raspberries and half a banana, throw in a little milk (coconut or regular). add in a little pb if you like. i usually do this for breakfast and it really fills me up.

i also enjoy just eating sliced lunch meat, our deli has a really tasty mesquite honey turkey! maybe wrap that up with a piece of cheese.

and raw almonds, i eat a lot of those too. and they're better (health-wise) than other kinds because they're not roasted in oil.

eggs cooked any way, especially with added veggies (mushrooms!). get a good quality pan so that you don't have to use lots of oil in your cooking. i have two scanpans and i am obsessed with using them. i never even put them in the cupboard. just wash and leave on the stove for the next thing i'm going to make.
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just started last week, so I'll add you as a friend, if that's okay.

I'm 5'8" and about 175, but I'd love to get down into the 150s. I'm also a runner and still trying to figure out how to schedule everything so I can get my runs in and not mess up my lifting. So far I love this program, though. I hope you do, too.