30 Second Breaks

Options
heathermerrill1
heathermerrill1 Posts: 21 Member
So, I today was my second day, plyo cardio curcuit.... yowza, I thought I was going to pass out at least once.
But I was wondering, does anyone else have to pause to take a longer beak to catch their breath.
If it is interval training than your heart rate is supposed to go down on the breaks, but 30 seconds isnt enough time for me.
If it is a 40 minute video, how long is it taking the rest of you to finish? I think I paused mine for a few extra minutes throughout the video to give myself time to breathe.
Is it just me or do you guys do that too?

Replies

• swaldron13
    swaldron13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is definitely not just you. I have to often stop in the middle of the sets.. and sometimes still take a little extra time on the breaks. I also get the pass out/ throw up feeling at times, so I know how you feel. The thing to remember is, it is ok if you have to take a few extra seconds, just don't abuse it. Rest until you feel ready then start again. Equally as critical is that when you aren't on break, you are "digging deep".

Don't worry about needing a little extra recovery time. Get a heart monitor if you don't have one. And KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK :) It will get easier and you will see your heart rate start to recover more quickly with each passing day.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No, it def isn't just you!!!
    Took breaks often, didn't think it was going to be this intense!
    WOW!!!!
    Can barely fit the 40 min in right now, so not stopping the video.
    I'm afraid to think of the 60 min workouts, lol!

Month 1, day 3.
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    I haven't had the chance to start it yet, life's been so crazy lately, but i'm still on the 30 day shred, and when I started that I was taking like 2 minutes breaks just to catch my breath, it's definitely normal, your body will adjust with time!
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So, I today was my second day, plyo cardio curcuit.... yowza, I thought I was going to pass out at least once.
    But I was wondering, does anyone else have to pause to take a longer beak to catch their breath.
    If it is interval training than your heart rate is supposed to go down on the breaks, but 30 seconds isnt enough time for me.
    If it is a 40 minute video, how long is it taking the rest of you to finish? I think I paused mine for a few extra minutes throughout the video to give myself time to breathe.
    Is it just me or do you guys do that too?

Oh girl...It's not just you!!! It takes me quit a bit to catch my breath. Not sure how long exactly but I will pay closer attention to it. How long did it take you? Do you have a HRM? I use mine every time I work out. :)
  • heathermerrill1
    heathermerrill1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    no I don't have a heart rate monitor, which also stresses me out a little because I don't know how many calories I am burning, and then I feel worse about taking longer breaks because I feel like I am not working hard enough or something and not burning as many calories as everyone else... <sigh> sometimes the workouts take me 5 minutes longer just for breaks, I haven't really been keeping track.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    no I don't have a heart rate monitor, which also stresses me out a little because I don't know how many calories I am burning, and then I feel worse about taking longer breaks because I feel like I am not working hard enough or something and not burning as many calories as everyone else... <sigh> sometimes the workouts take me 5 minutes longer just for breaks, I haven't really been keeping track.

Well, if you can get one, I would highly recommend it. I got mine for $60 online. You could always check Amazon.com or have you already? Don't let it stress you out...And if you're taking the breaks, you obviously need them...I'm sure you wouldn't take them if you didn't. Ya know? Just make sure you keep moving during your breaks.