OMG my 5th day I feel amazing!

Options
stephanj
stephanj Posts: 898 Member
Hi Guys,

New to Keto. I actually stumbled into it because I was attempting the "Whole30" (cleanse that eliminates grains, legumes, soy, dairy, peanuts, chemicals, artifical sweeteners, beans etc) and realized I was facing such low carb I might as well eliminate fruit and nuts for a few weeks. Backstory: I have been feeling like junk for months, extremely tired, depressed for no reason, no energy, and a weight loss stall.

Now that I am doing a very cleaned up version of Atkins induction (<20 net g carbs, basically meat, eggs, oils, green veg and a few berries, no frankenfoods or processed meats) I feel AMAZING!!! OK a little "stoned" still as I transition over into keto, but still it's almost frightening how much better I feel. 5 lbs has just fallen off of me. It's like a fog has lifted, I am happy and have twice the energy.

My only worry is that when I start to "climb the carb ladder" the fog is going to descend again. I am going to be careful to identify any "trigger foods" that cause an immediate gain, those will probably be the culprits I need to avoid forever. Any thoughts? Anyone successfully come out of ketosis or induction and still keep this "good" feeling?

Thanks,
Steph

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Its funny you posted this.
    I was just telling my husband (as I made dinner last night) that I havent felt this good in year.
    I'm ALWAYS full of energy (even when I go to bed at 1am instead of 11pm) and I'm awake before the alarm goes off.

I dont feel bloated or 'heavy' (even with more weight to lose) and I'm eager to workout instead of having to psych myself up to do it.

I'm eager to hear the responses to your original question about the "after ketosis" phase.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    That's funny I am also finding I wake up much earlier now!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That gif is hilarious!

Thank you for sharing your experience, stephanj. I just joined this group, and found your post. Do you think you're in ketosis yet?

About a month ago, I dropped from about 200-275g of carbs/day (almost all whole grains, but still!), down to 120-140. I felt so much better. Then I decided to go Keto, as I have about 55lbs - mostly belly fat - to lose. This is only Day 2 for me, and it went well. I did a lot of physical activity today (think I overdid it) and I'm feeling pretty fatigued, and extremely cold (hypothermia cold!). I have PCOS and am very insulin resistant and am borderline hypothyroid, so what I'm going through is no doubt hypoglycemia.

I am looking forward to feeling amazing too! :)