Fat Bombs

Options
ruthiejewell
ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
Made my first fat bombs today! Used coconut oil, butter, peanut butter, 100% cocoa powder, dessicated coconut. No extra sweetener and fine. A nice treat and very useful. And, as if I needed a second treat, my husband wants to go low carb/maybe keto too!!!:happy:

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    That second treat is the best kind of all.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This sounds intriguing.
    What is the recipe?
  • ruthiejewell
    Options
    The recipe I found online among others so I'm afraid I don't know whose it is. It is 1C coconut oil; .75C butter; .75C almond or peanut butter, melted together then add 2 or 3 T coconut ( we call it desicated in Ireland and U.K.) and 2 or 3 T 100% cocoa powder. Nice, gets fat levels up when needed but not too moreish! Some people use a v dark chocolate bar instead of cocoa. I've read of a lemon fat bomb which sounds nice too.
  • legal_lady28
    legal_lady28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to love fat bombs and I have made a few different recipes but I hate them. All I can taste is oil and I don't like the coconut oil whatsoever. Anyone else have this issue or am I probably the only one? :P
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Love that your husband is getting on board with you. How is the texture of the fat bombs you made? I made some and they weren't that tasty, but the worst was that they were a little gritty. I don't know what caused the grittiness, but they were bad.
  • ruthiejewell
    Options
    I know where you're coming from. I like them but don't love them. Which isn't a bad thing!
  • ruthiejewell
    Options
    Mine weren't gritty Cheryl, but of course had the texture of the coconut bits, which was nice.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    These sound really good. I am avoiding the nuts for now because I can't control myself, but I did buy an organic dark chocolate almond butter and mixed in a ton of coconut oil, and even though it's a tiny "cheat" it is my go-to if I feel like I am gonna lose it without some chocolate (am I right ladies?) :devil:
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is from the Fat Fast Cookbook:
    1/2c coconut oil
    1/2c salted butter
    1/2c almond or peanut butter
    1T + 1.5t cocoa
    30-60 drops sweetener (optional)
    Melt oil & butters, add cocoa and sweetener, mix well. Pour into 12 muffin tins/cups and put in freezer for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!

I was eating them right out of the freezer, one a day. But one accidentally sat out for about 15-30 minutes, and wow, it's even better! I thought I was eating a Reese's peanut butter cup.

Fat Fast Cookbook, by Dana Carpender, Kindle only: http://alturl.com/7hawh
    If you don’t have a Kindle, you can download the Kindle app to your Mac, PC, phone or tablet.
  • janetlarose1
    Options
    I made some fat bombs and they taste oily to me too...however, I got some breyers carbsmart vanilla ice cream, and when fat bombs mixed with that it tastes almost like a reese mcflurry lol.
  • kellydeutsch1
    kellydeutsch1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My daughter has been making these for us and I like them too...kind of satisfies the sweet tooth but they aren't so good that you would want to eat too many! My favorite are the lemon (and I'm a total chocoholic!)...they are yumm-o!
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    the fat do seem a little oily so i keep mine in the freezer all of the time and they just melt quickly in my mouth!!! awesome!!!
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    the fat bombs do seem a little oily so i keep mine in the freezer all of the time and they just melt quickly in my mouth!!! awesome!!!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've never made fat bombs before...
    Waiting eagerly for my coconut oil to arrive (have to order it online as I can't find it locally). YUM!